Mental Health Forums

Pregabalin

Bubbles..

Been prescribed these (My CPN's Idea)

Anyone have any experience with these? I did google them and I know they are for GAD.

I have been prescribed them 50mg x2 a day and I have taken one this morning and I have felt really dopey since Lol.

Hey Bubbles, I've been on pregabalin before for my anxiety symptoms. They put me on it when I was in hospital and was experiencing severe anxiety. Due to the state I was in at the time I don't remember the dosage but I know it was quite high and I think it did make me kinda drowsy. (However, I was on a shed load of other stuff as well so it is difficult to remember what caused what side effects!) It did definitely have an impact on the anxiety symptoms though so I'd say give it a try. It was initially designed to treat epilepsy strangely enough but it worked for me.

I've been on it for just over a year now, it dose what it says on the tin, it's been good for my anxiety, also is a good pain killer, I'm on 75mg twice a day, I've not had a problem with it, and it didn't make me drowsy or dopey after awhile.

Hey Bubbles

I've been on pregabalin for several months now & it certainly takes the edge off of my anxiety. I am on 100mg four times a day.

It made me feel drowsy to begin with but i saw that as a lovely bonus.Unfortunately (for me),The drowsiness wore off fairly quickly.

I hope it helps your anxiety.I know how utterly shit it can make you feel.xxx

• 7 months later...

Different story for me. I'm on pregabalin (150mg twice a day) for hyperalgesia/allodynia and my prolapsed disk. As a pain blocker, it works incredibly well for me, but my problem is the side effects. Its causing me terrible anxiety and panic attacks, which i suffer from already, but this is exacerbating it. This happened when i was prescribed it a few years back too. I'm not saying you'll get the same side effects. Its one of those weird things like when the side effect of an antidepressant is depression. Does anyone know of an alternative to pregabalin for use in pain management?

Archived