Mental Health Forums

Self-Talk Link That I Felt Was Useful.

guntarded

When I was unwell, other people noticed a significant increase in me talking out loud or/and thinking over things a lot. These things were usually always negative and the pattern of negative thoughts about myself and how worthless I thought I was. I read this link below on self-talk and it was useful for me now to navigate back to those unwell times, and start thinking about my thoughts and how they really can become my actions. I hope it helps someone.

http://inspiyr.com/the-incredible-power-of-self-talk/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Outbrain

(((guntarded)))...........Thank you for posting this............I find the concept of the captain of the ship and the crew below a much simpler way of grasping what is expressed a lot, re thoughts and that we bring about what we think...............this sort of explains in a way that I can grasp more..............Thank you..............Pickles.xxx

Thanks guys, glad it helped.

I saw myself in this position many times in the past, taking hold of these thoughts that seem normal as a force of habit - and stopping them on their tracks.

Archived