Mental Health Forums

Edie Sedgewick Meets Edie Beale

Lady Madonna

My name is Lady Madonna and I'm definitely a proud "diagnosed" BPD. DBT has saved my life and 12 years later the bpd is still here but so are my skills in which my brain now does automatically. But lately I've been having new realizations and taking a new step into my journey with bpd. And I'm feeling so alone. Because I'm doing my usual safe activity I am turning into a hot mess and now I am sitting in a grey situation, totally black or white and black and white. After doing some refresher on the controversy of how bpd WAS approached it's always very devastating to hear my MI spoken about as if it's the black plague plus food poisoning. A few lines: we make up 10% of the lowest quality of life out of the hundred which includes chronic elephantitus and cancer. If it weren't for Saint Linehan...where would I be? Well I am seeing now I will always have a life that swings monumentally into a negative direction at least every several years now. It was chronic then 3 years then 5 then my last 8 til I'm so proud to say although my life is bleek again I checked myself into MI before trying to kill myself! This so amazing. Because ot proved we do not have to live forever completely troubled for there is dbt. But I'm exhausted tonite. I'm sad. I'm currently consuming men like water and I really wish that I could come down from a hot date faster. I move into overanylitical and I'm anything but. I hope o find bpds that are in advanced dbt trained individuals as our sanity lways sends us surprises. But to also hold another hand not so different from mine shaking when there was no hope.

I tend to make a splash everywhere I go so you are very accurate. And thank you. Its good to have a place to discuss bpd intellectually but also be there when I get in my own bpd messes.

Archived