Mental Health Forums

Wreckless Impulsive Person

ashleigh22

i just got a tattoo without thinking about it, very spur of the moment type of thing, i feel very reckless and impulsive, but its done and i can't take it back... only thing is I'm scared to tell me parents :( they won't take it well and i can't deal with them upsetting me right now.

yeah i had it done on my wrist... i told them and they weren't bothered, however they did say...

they didn't like it

it looks cheap

like i did it myself

which could be worse, mainly because of my BPD i take things very to heart and because i have it for life i kind of wish they did like it :(

its a crescent moon... smaller than a 5p ... just the outline in black.

Least it sounds quite small, and if you need to cover it up for any reason you can always get a wide leather or material bracelet to put over it temporarily. Do you like it? Does a crescent moon hold significance for you?

I guess at this point, learn to like it or save up to have it lazer removed, or you could in future have something else tatooed over it which is better quality. For now it could be a really positive reminder of how you act when impulsive so maybe you could look at it if you're feeling impulsive in the future and use it to help control those urges? It could also be useful to remind you that, like the moon, your impulses and emotions do wax and wane and do pass eventually and naturally like the phases of the moon? The cresecent moon is just one facet of your personality : ) xx

If your old enough? and ur know what u want? and your happy with it?

what is there to feel bad or have aproblem?

Parents year could have a prob if underage? but hey really what do they know? as long as ur happy?

parents will say they wont like but really they cant do anything about it. Old enough? go for it, no harm exept urself.

I think it's a good thing. Shows you know what u want. I'm nit sure I would class it as impulsive really. It's not harmed anyone and shows you are finding your way in life I would say...

You obviously wanted it and liked it. Impulsive is when you do something you didn't mean and don't like it and its bad for you. I don't read any of that from your replies.

Good luck

Emo xx

yeah i am old enough, i think opinions matter too much to me and thats what my problem is... they didn't like it so i started to regret it, i got depressed and wished i never gotten it done but then i went to work the next day and got a really good reaction and now i like it again :)

Archived