Mental Health Forums

New Here...hi Everyone.

prairiewinds

Hello

Thought I'd introduce myself before I start posting. I'm 38, married, and am a high functioning BPD, academic, artist, and writer. I am stormy brained and looking for like minds who deal with similar issues. I'm really good at appearing calm and on my up days, I have a pretty good sense of humour. On my bad days, I imitate my cat and hide under the bed or turn into a human version of the tazmanian devil. I've been dealing with my diagnosis since 2003. It's been quite a ride.

Nice to meet you all.

Hi there, nice to meet you too :welcomeani:

I also have bpd and on good days can do an oscar winning performance (though I have never been nominated, haha!) to appear fairly 'normal' but inside my head is turmoil.

I hope you find this place useful and supportive. I look forward to seeing you around.

Hello :blush02:

I'm new as well. As usual i was watching Youtube videos about mental health and trying to get some answers. :crying_anim: Of-course that did not help. So today is the day i decided to come out under fake name and no gender.... cos im still too scared :confused02::D

My issues are depression, anger, shame, self harm, self destruction, lack of self sense, lack of social skills, paranoia etc.

On the outside I appear very calm because i just simply want to fit in.

I am not ready to go to GP :blush02: , i don't think i am ready to talk to people about it in person because nobody I know or ever knew take things like this serious.

Ohh well, :ashamed0005: I hope to get some answers here and I hope to finally gain some friends as crazy as I am :masked::D

Hi...nice to meet all of you. I struggle with many of the issues you mention, Evil. They are part of being someone with BPD, but also come from a long history of abuse I suffered from my family of origin. I've had to endure a lot of therapy to get to the point that I am at now, and I'm not healed but I am slowly getting better at dealing with life. Being able to speak without worrying about being judged really helps. I think talking on here is a good start. For me, having a place to talk honestly makes a huge difference. See all of you around, for sure.

Archived