Mental Health Forums

Fake Meds?

Eagleheart

I think my new supply of Quetiapine is dodgy. Since i began taking it over a year ago,i've always had the same kind:- seroquel XL & had no probs. But my new batch are from a different maker-Quettor XL & since i started on them,i am getting the sort of heavy withdrawl symptoms i got when i suddenly stopped taking my meds a few years back. I am also having very bad psychotic episodes. Basically,i feel like shit. Going to go to chemists in a while but i know they'll look at me like i'm a nutcase.

Has anyone else experienced similar prob?

How did you get on at the chemist regarding this Eagleheart?

I haven't had any personal experience of it but I do take seroquel XL so would be interested to hear what they said.

It sounds like you had pretty certain evidence that something wasn't right with the new stuff, I hope they listened. I hate being mentally ill, it feels like it takes away all credibility from you and that you have to earn people's trust rather than the 'normal' population who are presumed trustworthy until proven otherwise...

Sorry, didn't mean to do my venting on your thread!

Hi Artemis. The chemist wouldn't do anything coz it was a saturday & they claim that they cant do anything without my gp's say so. Fucking stupid appointment system at gp's means i had to get up early to phone them as soon as they open to try to get seen this afternoon. Of course,the line is permenantly engaged for half an hour. So when i get through in the end,no fucking appointments left. Have to try again tomorrow morning. Its such a fucking faff it makes me think why bother. Oh god! Its all so damn frustrating.

Grrr, how frustrating! The NHS is such a great idea in theory but I have yet to find one aspect of it that works efficiently and GP appointment systems are a case in point...

I hope you have better luck tomorrow :)

Thanks hun. Can't get it sorted tomorrow either coz hubby's away all day. Think i will spend the day under the duvet feeling like shit. Oh the joy. If & when i get it sorted i'll give an update but don't hold your breath! Grrr!!!!

Just to update the fake meds situation;-

Saw my psych today & mentioned about feeling the new meds were not working.Expected her to give me that condescending she does so well BUT...........She told me another of her patients had told her the very same thing just a couple of weeks ago.

OMFG!!! I So it wasn't all in my head then,like hubby seemed to think.HA!

She is dealing with it straight away & i should be back on seroquel very soon.

The moral of this story is;- Sometimes,you should trust what your body is telling you.You are not always wrong.xxx

Wow!! That is awful! Well, not awful for you Eagleheart, fantastic for you! But terrible that there is such a dodgy one out there!

Well done for following it up, I am so glad you did - and yes, I think you're right, sometimes we should trust ourselves when something feels wrong!

It is unbelievable the difference in me after just 2 days back on the proper quetiapine.Unbelievable.

I was so ill,even my hubby was scared.I was completely detached from reality.Psychosis was the worst it's ever been.

I was falling rapidly into insanity.Seriously.

But now,i am back.I am ME again.And i am bursting with gratitude.Thank fuck it was as simple as getting the right meds.

I am so so glad you said this because I have been on seroquel xl since I started quetiapine and like you recently had a different batch which made me feel so ill, I couldn't take them as I was really loosing myself. Hopefully I can get mine changed too.

Hey hun,you need to contact your gp & demand they prescribe seroquel xl immediately. If you need to,please let them see this thread. I don't mind. Your mh is the most important thing. Hope you can start to feel better soon coz i know just how shit you are feeling.xxx

I phoned my CPN this morning and told her, because basically she just thought I hadn't been taking them properly. So I'm back on seroquel now. Scary how much it effects you though. Thanks for help, though.

Archived