Mental Health Forums

Big Day For Me Tomorrow

Eagleheart

So,i will be celebrating my 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow. I consider it my greatest achievement. We have had times where we've despised each other & it would have been so easy to split up & walk away from the marriage. But at times like that we've always known deep down that our love is very deep rooted.

I've accused him of conspiring with his family to drive me insane & having me "locked up" for the rest of my life. I've put him through so much. And still he loves me. When we argue,instead of screaming at each other & saying hurtful stuff,we walk away & give each other space & it diffuses the problem completely.

He is my missing piece. He makes me whole. I am so blessed that he is my husband.

Ok. You can stop puking at my sugary-sweet post now! Just wanted to share my happiness with you.

Congratulations on your 21 years, as you know it's all about struggles and learning together... and why not be happy 21 years is wonderful, hope you have a great day tomorrow..x

Ps... brass, or nickel for 21 st anniversary...

Thankyou jelly-bean.

My marriage is the 1 & only thing i've stuck to in my entire life. I usually get bored of things really easily. It's 1 of the reasons i've never had a proper career. I'm a butterfly,flitting between things all the time. Staying married has been my only success. X

Thankyou all so much. I realise that i'm very lucky to have such a good relationship. Believe me,i had to go through some bad shit before i was saved by my hubby. He came along at the perfect time. I was only weeks on from being raped & my self esteem was......well,it was non-existent.

We were made for each other. He was recovering from a breakdown & i built him back up. Two fragile souls who were in need of love. Ahhh!! I am a soppy mare!!! (its not all hearts & flowers btw. We can still be really nasty to each other).

Anyway,thanks again for all your comments. Xxx

Have a lovely day tomorrow. What a beautiful story. I'm so happy that you stuck together through all of that.

Hugs :-)

Thanks to you both.

I actually have no idea what we are going to do. Hubby tends to be very spontaneous so anything could happen. Or nothing! I expect nothing. That way i won't be disappointed but could well be surprised!!!

That's great that you two are still together despite the difficulties. I wish you both to have a luminous day. ;)

God,sorry for not updating! If i had a brain,i'd be dangerous!!

We didn't do anything special due to a lack of money but we had a lovely wander down memory lane. It's so special that we've grown together so much. We watched dvd's & pigged out on maltesers. Totally lush!!!

Thankyou all so much for your comments & for sharing in our big day. Love you all.xxx

That sounds lovely :) You don't need to spend money to have a good time. I think I'd prefer to stay in with the person I love because then we can just be ourselves with no interruptions and no pressure to conform to society's expectations. Like if you're in a restaurant or a cinema or something you are expected to behave a certain way but you can do whatever you like at home! And when it's just the two of you, you can just focus on each other.

Absolutely,Emma. Restaurants make me anxious with all the silly etiquette. My hubby would just embarass me by passing wind really loudly!! It doesn't matter where we are-if he needs to fart.....!!! He cracks me up,he really does,but people with manners often find him offensive!

Lol, I'm glad your husband makes you smile sometimes, your post made me smile too. If I can say, people with manners are missing the funny side that makes life so bright at times.

Your hubby sounds like my dad! My mum gets annoyed with him but I don't care. Well I don't like it if the smell is really bad but I don't mind the act itself. I tease him about it sometimes, like once I asked him a question and the only answer I got was a fart. So I was like 'was that a yes or a no?". And he was like "That's a yes, if it was a no I'd have done it twice!"

LOL!! Bodily noises make me laugh. I don't understand people who find it offensive. Mind you,it probably depends on how you're brought up. Farting & burping has always been in my family & we've always found it amusing.

I drink a lot of diet pepsi & i do really impressive burps! Fizzy juice is great for getting the wind out. I hope people aren't getting offended by the wsy this thread is going. How did i get onto the subject of passing wind??!!!!!!

Archived