Mental Health Forums

Feeling So Very Low :-(

Distracted

Went to a party last night (with my kids home for 9:30) I felt quite good when we got home. Within an hour I was in unexplainable floods of tears. Didn't sleep well, nothing new there, but the nightmares are back and so terrifying I woke up heart racing in tears again. Feel so low this morning. Just 1 little thing will tip me I know it. I wasn't going to get dressed today, still might not but my mother in law (who's problems are far greater than mine) needs me I think so I might have to go to her. I just feel like I'm on a knife edge this morning x

Try to do something nice for yourself today and make sure you rest. The knife edge is never a nice place to be xx

I can only echo Kitsune, give yourself a nice treat and rest as plenty as possible. I compassionate about the nightmare, they can be so upsetting. However I find that they tend to fade away as years pass so I hope your nights will be better soon.

Hi guys thank you for your advice x I did have a rest today my parents took the kids out. Unfortunately I feel worse, much worse and the tears are falling hard and fast x

*Hands a handkerchief.* Crying is draining but maybe it will take your bad feelings away. Anyway I give you a big warm hug.

Parties can be so difficult. Even if you enjoy yourself it can be such a big effort to be there for so long (even a short time can feel like a long time!) especially as at parties you are often expected to be really really happy and that takes a lot of energy. You probably got overtired and it can take a while to recover from that. It is difficult for anyone with any illness to keep up the party atmosphere and usually your illness will seem worse the next day, sometimes for a few days afterwards. It's okay to take all the time you need to recover, yes sometimes other people will need you but whenever you do have the time to rest and recover it's best if you grab the chance.

((((Distracted)))) I hope you feel better soon xxx

Archived