Mental Health Forums

Tell Us About Your Day

maddy harper

today i had my last harness walk with my trainer. been handed over to a new one. feel a bit sad but the walk went well though. My friend graimme popped in to see me and we had a bit of a music session :) that cheered me up :) how was everyone elses day going.

My day has been okish, I had to take my dog the vet as he has these sores on him :(

Anyway the vet has given him steroids and antibiotics.

Went to the seafront, with my daughter and granddaughter, had a go in the arcades, had some fun, been a bit out of sorts with my mood swings lately, but today it was a good mood and a pleasant time with my fave girls, brought kfc, even went round my mum's for a quick cuppa, then home layed out on the sofa chilled watching tv right now ... so yeah had a great day :)

Well, I started the day at 6 with Jax waking me up giggling from his cot - too cute! Managed to feed him before being sick, got a positive pregnancy test, had a minor freak-out then gave my head a wobble. - what will be will be, no? Took some time to self-soothe til docs were open at 8:30, made an appt, then went to a friends for a few hours. Docs, collected my script, tidied the house up, had tea, settled jax, watched a movie w spike, now just in the bath and going to bed any min. Pretty average day on the whole! But anxiety has been bad and I've managed it well, so pretty proud. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Xx

woke up late, went to cactus jack's with boyfriend and had food and shared an amazing slice of oreo cheesecake with mint choc ice cream, took a picture of it and bf as my 'picture of the day' (a project bf suggested where i take one picture which captures the day for me and keep it, do that every day for 6 months then share them with each other.

went to friends as she was having a freak out over her wedding dress, we had a gin and a chin wag, then i went to work and stewarded for a show which left me and the other stewards gobsmacked because it was... terrible. Then i dropped bf off home after swinging by mcdonalds so he could eat and we fell out a bit before talking as he was talking about the theatre company we are planning to start and i was worried about it but found it difficult to open up about that so i only just managed to indicate i was worried (i went deadly quiet and he picked up on that) so he got, quite rightly, annoyed that i had left it until the day before he has a business meeting with one of the bosses at our theatre tommorrow about renting a space for a few days to perform. Then he sadly said that if i find it so difficult to even open up about that kind of thing no wonder it's difficult for me to open up to him about relationship stuff. That made me sad :(

Then i got home to find my sister in tears talking to parents about her business and how an electric company is suddenly demanding a lump sum of money without prior warning and so mum and dad were really tense... that further compounded my fear about starting a company of my own with some of my savings.

All in all a mixed day...

Today started pretty early. Had to go out at seven as i had ran out of gas. Woke to a cold house. Meh! Honey worked really well both on the way to the co op and on the way back to for that matter. She usually plays up as she doesnt like going home but today she was keen because it was cold. Got a friend coming over this afternoon at some point so will have a catch up and a cuppa :)

Went to the pet shop with my carer today :) got poo bags. Wood shavings. Guinea pig food and hay. Cant forget the hay! I also got the pigs a bull rush ball for gnawing on and kicking around. spike loves it but chock aint to fussed by it tbh. Guess because he is older.

Took honey on a block walk this morning. Had my carer this afternoon. We went to the bank and i got gas and electric. so i am all topped up with that. dont need to worry about it for a fiew days. both my meters are pre pay ones which is shit. thats what the flat came with. Guess i could get them changed over but i would need the landlords permition i think so i havent done it.

Had a quiet one today. Just chilled at home with the animals. Did a bit of flute practice follod by keyboard practice. Not that i have to do much of that as i have been playing piano since the age of three

Had my dreads stitched up with a hook thats used for making rugs so they grow roapy. They look really good and i dont have to hand twist them any more yaaay

Dreads are so awesome! I'm very jealous! I really wanted to have dreads like Newton Faulkner but I don't really have the right type of hair :(

Forgive me Ally?

I checked in to read what you said, and unintentionally, you have really made me smile :D

Please don't take offense, its just you have a picture, of you, so it made me, picture you!

you look ok, with the dreads :D

To not spoil the thread now.....

My day is a little tense and nervous, but I have company here on line, and am safe and warm..so still feeling blessed.

Well wishes to all, moonbeam beth.

Today was fairly average. Though I'm getting very annoyed with my body right now. >.<

Didn't sleep Wednesday night so ended up having a sudden crash nap that lasted four hours. Then I got up and took the dog for a walk as usual. Our cat decided to join us as he sometimes does.

Turd Buddy (cat) and Rachel (dog) had a game of defend the boat. Down by the lake there's a small patch of public space usually used for picnics but a lot of people have tied up small boats there on the partial wooden fence. Most of them are canoes and pretty much all of them are full of water at this point. Turd clambered up into a larger canoe right up by the water and would bat at the dog when she got close. Rachel ended up shoving the cat into the pool of water at the bottom of the boat!

Meanwhile I was watching the few ducks and geese out on the water. Our lake is decently sized but their is an odd lack of birds. Usually they swarm. Anyways. A few of them saw me and swam on over. I had to explain I'd been unable to bring bread this time. The little pair of Coots decided to make their usual perturbed pip pip pip cry they favor before everyone scattered.

Our cat had crouched down on the edge of the lake on the right side of the public dock to get a drink. A pair of geese swam up to the other side and one of them waddled out onto land. Turd was of course watching the bird and about the time the goose spotted him, Turd had launched himself. To put this in perspective, canada geese are quite large and very aggressive. Turd is a smaller cat barely out of kittenhood. It was safe to say that the goose was much larger. Of course the goose took to exception to this and in it's screeching retreat knocked poor Turd back into the middle of the dock. At this point he settled down to wash his paws as if nothing had happened.

I'm now convinced our cat has a death wish. Canada geese regularly attack anything living, including humans, and will sometimes mob their victims. They'll even chase you if you make them mad enough.

Returning home I set about finishing my daily chores and helping my mom out. She's in a lot of pain right now and is having a hard time getting around. So I helped her out getting things done that she wanted finished.

There was a brief war with a fake tree set in the corner of the living room. It kept whacking me in the head as it fell over onto my chair. I finally managed to wrestle it into a position that it wouldn't fall from.

Now it is just after 2 am and I'm still not asleep. Instead I'm clutching a wastepaper bin for dear life. Seriously, I need to give my body a serious talking to. xD

Archived