Mental Health Forums

A Challenging Day At The Office

buzzybee

Today has been a challenge to say the least. I manage a complex, and support people largely all of who are lovely, but I have one client who triggers me hugely. His abusive behaviour, negative and violent attitude towards women and general disregard for anyones feelings etc etc, (while I at all times remain professional) reached a climax today. In his alcohol fuel frenzy, I yet again am the brunt of his abusive behaviour, to be threatened with physical violence and fear for my safety, to the point where I'm shaking and feel sick with anxiety, was just too much (I had to leave early to stay safe)

I have been completely triggered and until I got home into my place of safety, I felt the old familiar feelings engulf me, FEAR!. Although I there are legal systems in place, which are being followed, It still never cease to amaze me that no matter how much hard work I have done on myself, no matter how much therapy I've had, no matter how much I have healed etc, it just takes something like this to knock me for six and take me to a place that feels emotionally very uncomfortable. I know I will bounce back over the weekend, as i don't stay down for too long, but gosh! am i dreading Monday morning. :worried_anim:

That sounds like a terrible thing to have to deal with buzzybee, I am not surprised you feel so shaken up! And I think it's fair to say that anyone put in that situation would be justified in feeling just as you do - previous mental health history or not!! Your reaction is not a reflection of your emotional state, it is a reflection of what a complete ******* this bloke is. People who behave like that would cause anyone to feel uncomfortable and whilst I can totally understand why you are dreading monday morning please don't let it play on your mind - the guy does not deserve your time, aside from anything else. Hope you feel safer soon xx

My lovely other half came home with a comfort bag containing chocolate, 2 cd's (John Newman and the new Pharrell Willaims one (as I love the song HAPPY) and some fizzy pop and a card…..what a gorgeous gesture from a gorgeous man :-)

Archived