Mental Health Forums

Emotions And Food

lightworker

at last he listened to me, i've talked to dr before about my food intolerances and have suggested a test for gluten, but apparently i wasn't ill enough, then when i saw his yesterday and after spending the last two weeks feeling ill and running to and from the toilet, hurray i am finally going to have the blood test, im already lactose intolerant after a gastro bug in december and with a family history of reflux and chrons i knew id end up with something, this whole thing does impact my life as i was a major chocoholic and i did eat my emotions so i can no longer sit and eat a packet of malteasers like i used to do. i think that that's possibly why i do tend to drink more than i used to mainly at weekends or in stressful situations swapping one thing for another

feeling happy that i might finally know what it is that is upsetting my stomach we can only but wait and see the results.

lightworker

(((lightworker))).....I don't undersand sometimes, how Docs can make judgements about how bad things are..........you know your body..............you have to live with it...........and everyone has different pain and tolerance thresholds..........baffles me...........and with what you say, and your family history..........I'm glad that Doc has finally listened..............I hope you manage to have the blood test soon, so that you can get closer to knowing what is going on.............good for you, for persevering..............take care, meanwhile..............Pickles

I have total empathy for you, Its a nightmare getting doctors to listen sometimes. i am gluten and largely dairy free, due to a intolerance to dairy and gluten. It took a few surgeries and tests to eventually get them to see that I was struggling. I now have to be really careful with what I eat, as it just makes me ill eating the wrong foods. I go from running to the toilet to the other extreme of not being able to go to the toilet..but fingers crossed I've been ok of late.

I hope that your situation gets resolved very soon, and that you get some respite from feeling so unwell. Having intolerances not only effects us physically, it affects us emotionally too, not a great combination as it leaves us feeling so powerless.

Hugs to you light worker xx

thankyou both pickle59 and buzzybee,

my dr did say the are you stressed thing, apparently everything is to do with stress when it comes to me and i did say thats what you always say to me, i have been twice before and really felt as if i had to fight for this blood test, but i have finally got there, sometimes you just have to fight, but like pickle59 says we do know our bodies when something is wrong.

i have been told that the dairy intolerance might get better if i am gluten free as the guts repairs itself i might be able to eat some diary but ive always had the diary thing but have still been able to eat yoghuarts cheese just had problem with milk and cream, im just missing that cheese toastie or my breakfast yoghart, so i have to now eat gluten for up to 6 weeks good job i kept some large size jeans as i already feel bloated.

lightworker

(((lightworker)))........please keep us posted will you?...............I know what you mean about missing the cheese toastie, especially................Pickles.xxx

well i have been told by coeliac uk that i have to eat so much wheat-gluten etc for 6 weeks, equivilent of upbto 4 slices of bread a day so i wont have any news untill 10 june after the blood test. i am on day 4 already and feeling bloated mother in law said i looked pregnant yesterday, bring out the smock tops again. i keep telling myself at least i will know whats upsetting me hopefully.trying to stay positive about this... at least eating cake is for a reason now.

lightworker

Archived