Mental Health Forums

Illness Triggering Anxiety

BigHeight

Hi,

Now to be fair I've been really good anxiety wise, I've always been a nervous person but I've not had any like major panick attacks for a while, but then I find when I'm not feeling well my anxiety shoots right back up, and I start thinking of the possibilities of what things are wrong with me like what unknown illness do I have etc, then I start panicking, then it makes me feel vulnerable, emotional and a simple 'you don't look well' comment can just send me off.

This is exactly how I'm feeling today, and as this all went on I had to do a nine hour shift and five hours of that were alone, so that topped things right off as I knew there was no escape wheras if I was working with someone I could easily go for breaks if I needed, dealing with customers during this only added to the stress and pressure.

So now I have a bad head and feeling sick etc and I have to face work again tomorrow knowing how it made me feel today.

Back to square one.

Could you not speak to your boss about making sure there is someone for you to work with, so you can take proper breaks etc? You are entitled to a decent break. Hope it gets easier for you.

I do get the breaks I'm entitled to but I can still find working alone stressful, I don't really want to mention it to her if I don't have to.

Thanks guys

hi BigHeight

i hope its ok to add

is there a really comforting smell of something that calms you

and has good connections for you

that you can have with you to sniff when you feel triggered?

its just that smell goes deepest of all the senses

right to where distress registers in the brain

and a calming smell can be a real godsend

cos its worked for me really well

i hope this is useful to you

Thanks for the reply mousie, well I've never really thought of anything like that before, not sure what smell I may find comforting but I could look into if

i find that having a bottle of lavender oil in my jacket pocket useful for when i'm having panic attacs

there are other calming esentual oils apart from lavender that i could list if you wanted me to if your intrested

Archived