Mental Health Forums

Grounding Ideas

Domino Vox

Hello,

Been feeling very disconnected, as if I am dreaming, as if looking in from outside, everything seems far away and unreal, quite often confused about things have happened or I think have happened but haven't. Looking for ideas to help feel grounded.

What helps you to feel connected again?

i carry a peace of amathist in the shape of a love heart that's been polished so its all smooth and shiny

i hold this in my hand when i'm having a panic attack and that brings me out of it...

i put essential oils on my chest and stomach

and when feeling wobbly i put my nose in my top and flap it

and i get a whiff of the warmed essence

and i find that calming

and its always there on me

so i can't forget to take it with me which is a bonus!!

i carry tigers eye for grounding and citrine for mental clarity in my pocket but i find the best thing is to just take off your shoes and socks and go bare foot on the grass its lovely and most recent ive been gardening outside getting one with nature. works for me..

lightworker

Found some good grounding ideas. Animals/pets (preferably cuddly) are great for calming down and reconnecting so t speak. Also just started shaping and growing bonsai trees. Very relaxing and it seems easier t get focused on it. Thoughts start to slow down. Hope these help for others.

maddy harper

there is such a thing as crystal healing my mum does it, and i have it regulary it makes me feel great afterwards,they check your chakras to see if they need balancing and then place certain crystals on you to help clear the blockage. mum suggested that i wear citrine crystal necklace and i have noticed that im not as focused when i dont wear it,some crystals need cleansing of negative energy, but citrine does not thats why its a good crystal to wear. but they do have to be real not man made ones. they have helped keep me focused for months now.

i am also great believer reflexology which i have once a month and i find that very relaxing too.

lightworker

wonder if there is a chrystal out there that helps with serious pain

could you ask your mum???

i'd be really greatful

Things that ground usually involve the senses, so touch,sight,sound etc

Some things I like;

Listening to nature sounds

Stroking my cat

Listening to the noises outside

A cool shower

putting my hand on my belly and breathing into it

Smelling an essential oil

Sitting in front of a fan or outside and feeling the breeze etc

• 2 weeks later...

get out of my head and into my body with required getting my heart rate up enough the endorphins kick in. Even waxing my legs can jolt me back into my body.

Even waxing my legs can jolt me back into my body.

Lol, that's funny

I know it sounds funny but is a bit like the pain from self harm without the harm part, infact in ends up being self care :)

Archived