Mental Health Forums

Intensive Home Treatment Team - Not Helping

Distracted

I have been seeing the intensive home treatment team since last week every day. I don't know why but they are really not helping me. In fact I probably feel worse when they have been. She doesn't say much I feel like I have to talk cos it's pretty much silence otherwise. I feel like she's nice but makes me feel a bit pathetic tbh and like I'm lying. I feel like they are lying to me too. They don't want to treat me, they are just going through the paces. I don't want to see them anymore. The crisis team were much better and easier to talk to. I really struggle to explain myself to the woman I have now. I feel such a loser.

some people shouldn't be in the job...

its not your falt, remember that

keep posting here if it helps

we're all here to listen/support eachother

Thanks maddy x I just feel like there's nothing from her side y'know? She's just so flat no emotion nothing at all makes me feel uneasy and anxious (more so than usual). How are you? X

had a bit of a mixed mood recently that's been difficult to control

half of me is angry and the other bit is sad, really, really, really sad!!!!

i don't know whats going on tbh

then there are thevoices inside my head to contend with on a daily basis

i'm on clorpromazine to control that side of things and abilify to control my mood swings/manias that i have

bet you wish you hadnt asked now.

[[[huge hugs]]]

i know things have been difficult for you recently

hang in there...

we're all here to support each other through our good days as well as bad ones??

I have been seeing the intensive home treatment team since last week every day. I don't know why but they are really not helping me. In fact I probably feel worse when they have been. She doesn't say much I feel like I have to talk cos it's pretty much silence otherwise. I feel like she's nice but makes me feel a bit pathetic tbh and like I'm lying. I feel like they are lying to me too. They don't want to treat me, they are just going through the paces. I don't want to see them anymore. The crisis team were much better and easier to talk to. I really struggle to explain myself to the woman I have now. I feel such a loser.

You're not a loser, and you are not alone in feeling like some mental health professionals are not helping you.

Why not write down how you feel and what you would like done about it?

I think it's normal to struggle with explaining what you want to say when dealing with a person who you don't feel is listening to you.

I really hope you can get things sorted so that you are happier.

Thank you both of you. It's nice to know someone is listening. I just want it all to end. I can't keep on like this, i can't do it anymore. Xx

Thank you both of you. It's nice to know someone is listening. I just want it all to end. I can't keep on like this, i can't do it anymore. Xx

Aww thats terrible. Keep talking and take one moment at a time. x

Im new to this but I kind of know how you feel.

I see my counselor weekly and I just feel so uncomfortable and anxious with him, like you said there's a lot of silence and I feel I need to talk and it just makes my anxiety go really bad. I feel he doesn't listen to me and dread every time I have to see him, I feel as if hes asking me questions to attempt to try catch me out as he thinks im lying. I cant wait for it to be over, I feel like dropping it all together but my doctor and old psychiatrist have told me not too.

I hope your well and stay strong!!

x

SCT91 that is exactly how I feel I believe they think I am lying. I wish I hadn't said anything now, I hope you are well x

Maddy I hope you're ok? Xx

• 2 months later...

Hi angel, how are you? You are so right the my team is sooo frustrating! I now have a mh nurse, who I have yet to see as she is always off! No one seems to pass on my messages, she never calls me back, it's just a nightmare!! Xx

Hold on, dear Distracted. The MH nurse may be off often, it doesn't take out of how you need her care. I hope she returns to you soon. In the meanwhile, could you treat yourself nicely? I strongly believe that you deserve genuine kindness. Maybe treat yourself like you would treat a child? You know what I mean, cuddles and hugs from me. I send you much love.

Thanks theremoons, I hope you are well. She is now coming to see me next week. So hopefully that will help. I'm just so angry right now at anything and everything I can't help it it just bursts out of me for the smallest thing and then I'm angry at myself for behaving that way when I'm normally placid!! I think I'm more angry internally usually! I will try and take your advice tho x thank you x hugs to you x

Hi distracted :)

I am getting there Hun I think.... I have started a day hospital instead of inpatient treatment and it went ok.... Going again tomorrow.

How r u? Xxxx

Hi angel, I hope the day hospital continues to go well. You are so strong and doing very well. I'm not so good just now to be honest. I'm struggling and I have no idea what to do. Thank you for asking Hun xx

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really know. My anxiety and OCD is really bad just now. I'm struggling with people, interacting is becoming increasingly difficult of late. My memory evades me, I'm blank a lot. I can't think of a way to make it stop. Thanks for asking angel x I hope u r feeling ok x hugs to u xxxx

Archived