Mental Health Forums

Issues With Anti P's

maddy harper

hi guys

i've noticed i have a fiew side effects from myanti psycottics

the abilify makes me really restless/irritable/angry

my clorpromazine makes me dribble/shake/have slightly ridged muscles.

just thought i would shair in case some of you are going through the same things as me

Maybe your dose is too high on the Abilify? This usually makes me drowsy in the mornings for the first few days and then I adjust. Abilify only takes 3 days to kick in so I would have a chat with your P-doc. It is not uncommon to be over medicated especially if you don't speak up. I am really sensitive to chemicals and usually need less than the average prescribed amount. Only docs never want to listen. Anymore I only am willing to start a new med on half the recommend dose to ease into it. Ultimately, I feel like it is my body and I dislike people telling me what to put in it.

iv just been started on abilify today what are the side affects i felt pretty awful after taking it really worn down and tired the doc told me there were not side affects with this but i dont think i believe him. i didnt want to be on meds but the home treatment team basicly told me if i dont take it they wont help me. what are the side affects for this med?

It's different for everyone Ruffryder, and also dependent on the dosage I guess, and what other meds you are taking at the same time.

I take 30mg in a morning of Aripiprazole (Abilify) and don't have any side effect at all

Try not to worry about it and let them get into your system for a while

I'm sorry that you find you have bad side effects with your meds maddy harper xxx

im only on 5mg and it seems to mess me up guess i cant handle very much its just abilify im on and some lorazepam

i have really bad and damaging moods that's why i'm on the abilify

the chlorpromazine is to control the voices i hear.

i'm also on clonazepam for my anxiety

and butrans pain patches for the pain in my spine...

that makes me tired really easally

Archived