Mental Health Forums

Mornings Are Hellish...help Anyone? :(

kizza

Hi ,

I suffer badly from depression and anxiety and I also have BPD and PTSD ...funtimes ..:./

So I am posting this in the hope some of you lovely folks on here may have some advice on how to best deal with mornings? My depression and anxiety in the morning is bloody awful! As soon as I wake up I feel this awful dread like I just cant face anything or anyone. Its actually that bad I feel hot and nausea all over like as if some one has set my insides of fire and told me I have seconds left to live. Its extremely fkng bad.

Any tips?

k x

Hello kizza, Im no help im afraidbut just wanted you to know your not alone, mornings are my worst its like a flood of darkness and bad memories and thoughts suffocate me. Have you tried setting up the night before something that you know you will appreciate and try and be nice to yourself and enjoy the morning, maybe something ya did as a kid or a good track or film. Hope it gets easier for you. Love bellaboo

hey , thanks very much bellaboo

You have helped. I will try that. I hate the feeling and just cant handle it anymore. Have just started sertraline 50mg after being stuck on seroxat for 16 years so heres hoping.

k x

i used to fell like that but i had a son to get up for and get to school on time then id come home and stay in front of the t.v what really helped me was i went to a mind craft group (the charity mind) and i had that to look forward to every week i also met like minded people which helped it was a very relaxed atmosphere, i also like being kept busy at home time goes quicker so i keep a to do list and i found that getting outside for a walk with my dog also helped. i know all out circumstances are different i don't know if this helps and im not saying buy a dog.. perhaps just go for a walk there is a group called simply walk in my area and i went on walks with a small group of people for a few times.

lightworker

hi, thanks guys.

bellaboo, my morning was a bit wobbly to start with but its getting better, I think the meds because they were introduced whilst seroxat was still in my system, are working quicker, well I hope......

Thanks again

k x

Hi Kizza,

I hope the meds continue to help... Is there any way you can start the day gently, with soothing activities and things you enjoy, to distract from the darkness and ease yourself into the day?

:hug2:

Also with you, Kizza. I know how mornings can be awful but don't give up yet. Sorry for not being more helpful and huge hugs to you.

Archived