Mental Health Forums

Be Careful

mert

Watch your posts someone has found my name who is an mini mod and found me on Facebook. I'm scared and freaked as this should be a safe place. Just to let all you lovely nice peps know xx

Do not feel you have to add anybody just because they send you an invite... also it is safe to post on here ... please amend your profile as your email is giving to much personal details ....

Hi

Yes I think you need to edit your profile as anyone can search Facebook using your email address and find you.. luckily Facebook does have things in place so you have to approve them before becoming your friend on there, so you are able to stay in control of that.

Hope you are ok

Jenny

((((mert))))) it can be a bit freaky when that happens. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything except that the mini mod thinks you're a nice person. But you don't have to accept friend requests if you would rather keep facebook separate from here, a lot of people prefer to do that and I'm sure the mini mod would understand.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet I know who it is <_< , It's disgraceful someone done that and I am sorry but the " Mini Mod " Who done it, Should not be allowed to be one anymore as it's wrong on many levels and just because someone has put their email address on and may of not realised it was on shown on their profile, Does not give anyone whether a mod/mini mod/member the right to copy it down and bloody search it on google/FaceBook and then try and bloody add them!!!...

I know this is an older post, But hey I've not really been around, So...

• 2 weeks later...

I presume this is aimed at me, Mert. I've chatted to you several times and found you interesting, you had your email on your profile, so I searched for it. You said at one point you were doing a professional doctorate and I have a doctorate.

What's wrong with that? If you want to keep information private, don't post it on the internet.

You have no grounds to worry about me being a mini-mod, I am resigning as a mini-mod anyway.

I have quite a few (more than 12) Facebook friends who I have met through this forum, some of which I chat to regularly. I am sorry if my friend request upset you.

On reflection it would probably have been better to send a message through here first before the friend request. I guess internet etiquette is sometimes difficult to get right.

If you chat to someone all the time on here and are friends on here its probably ok to make an unsolicited friend request on Facebook.

If you don't know someone on here very well and you make an unsolicited friend request, it may not be appreciated, particularly as this is a mental health forum.

Anyway I am no longer a mini-mod as I don't visit this site much nowadays. Sorry if I caused any upset.

I don't believe that Data did this out of maliciousness or to cause deliberate harm. i remember being on Facebook many years ago and as i advertised my email address to a forum; people tried to contact me.

The bigger point is: if you don't want people to visit your house, then don't give out your home address; similarly if you don't want online contact don't give out an address which can track you to it; especially goes for images and pictures posted online.

Keep yourself safe is your first priority and therefore your responsibility.

O fuck... I didn't realise my personal details were on there. My fault for letting then be on here. It is all my fault and I apologise for offending anyone on this bloody post.

O fuck... I didn't realise my personal details were on there. My fault for letting then be on here. It is all my fault and I apologise for offending anyone on this bloody post.

I am not offended. I know my intentions were honourable, as do my friends.

Take care of yourself, mert.

I bet I know who it is <_< , It's disgraceful someone done that and I am sorry but the " Mini Mod " Who done it, Should not be allowed to be one anymore as it's wrong on many levels and just because someone has put their email address on and may of not realised it was on shown on their profile, Does not give anyone whether a mod/mini mod/member the right to copy it down and bloody search it on google/FaceBook and then try and bloody add them!!!... I know this is an older post, But hey I've not really been around, So...

It's all good - protect yourself. This day and age, with older people even being aware of technology; it is increasingly important you just take care of you.

Archived