Mental Health Forums

Emptyness

ruffryder

my feeling of numbness and emptyness has been growing alot lately i keep having quite long episodes of this. i have lost the abilty to feel love and connection to people. im really trying to sit with my emotions be with them and feel them to work through them but im completly dead inside or maybe not dead as im sure my emotions are still in there but i cannot connect with them.

im staying with my brother and his family atm and my nephew is quite attached to me. he doesnt like leaving my side gets very upset if i go home or cant play with him and today he give me the biggest hug just for no reason. i really wanted to feel the love he has for me feel proud that he thinks so highly of me but instead i just felt dead to it. its really got to me now im tired of feeling like a complete shell i just want to feel again. i dont even care if i cry i acctualy miss being able to cry my pain out i so desperatly want to do this now its been so long and nothing iv done so far has helped. iv lost me :(

i too feel cronic feelings of emptyness.....i am learning to do things that distract me but i can not always use distraction as to much is no good its about finding the middle group but it is so hard.

i too feel like an empty shell, i am sorry you feel this way i hope you are able to find ways to get some peace soon.

take care and will be thinking of you xxx

thanks alot i have tried alot of things to not feel so empty but nothing really works or i just try and just be but its a horrible place to be.

i get sick of people keep telling me find

distractions when i need the opposite of distraction but cant seem to feel or connect.

im sorry you feel empty too nataya i wish things were easier xx

I really feel for you Ruffryder,

Many times throughout my life I have felt empty, or in great emotional pain, loss, shame…all that has helped me personally is too withdraw to my bed, the place where I feel safe, until the feelings pass. As I've got older and done a great deal of work on myself via therapy, I still have difficult times and still withdraw in the same way. When I withdraw I write about my feelings, so I'm getting everything out, other times when this is just too difficult, I just sleep, or try and meditate and go into my internal safe place. Sending you hugs x

Archived