Mental Health Forums

Hello

BlueDragon

Hello guys,

I am 25 years old and after many different diagnoses it was settled on BPD about 6 months ago. I just recently started reducing my anti-psychotic and am finding myself experiencing things rather intensely again. I'm trying to find a way of dealing with it all one step at a time. To come off medication entirely is my goal but I know I'm going to need a bit of help to begin with.

The main symptoms I have are:

Hearing voices

Flashbacks

Delusions/paranoia

Anxiety

Depression

Disassociation

Impulsive spending

Disordered eating

Chaotic thoughts

I take risperidone and cymbalta. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs, I don't eat junk food, I take vitamins everyday like vitamin c niacin and flaxseed oil, I exercise, I have a steady job, I don't have sex or get into relationships, at least I've been single for 3 years. I work alone and have no problem with it but I get flashbacks if I stay on my own for too long when I am at home. I used to hallucinate 13 hours a day but it has now been reduced to no more then 2 hours by just using various techniques I've picked up along the way.

All the best everyone.

It sounds like you have a lot of self awareness and take responsibilty for your well being. Welcome to the forum blue dragon. :)

Hi there - it's great that you've managed to reduce some of your symptoms using self help techniques. I hope you like it here... Its great!

Hi, I take risperidone too and I must admit that it helped a lot with the ghosts/auditive hallucinations/whatever it was. Would you mind precising what sort of self help has worked on you? Anyway, warm welcome to the community. Everyone is so friendly and open-minded, it's a great place to be! Love these forums.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Threemoons I just decided to find my own explanations for why I was hallucinating and it worked.

Some ideas:

Stay active, the voices indicate I am hiding from reality whether that be feeling an emotion or a reluctance to interact with the world and other people. it indicates I am disassociating. they shout and scream at me and say things to get an emotional response, making the amount of pain I am in the same whether i am in reality or listening to the voices, until I decide to be independent again and force myself to rely on myself by interacting with reality again.The voices spring up from dwelling on the past, triggers, traumatic events, events where I was too afraid to say anything or defend myself, as a result they create self hatred, worthlessness, depression, but it also leads to a fear of the future and further triggers, constant anxiety. A combination of depression and anxiety. The pain of it leads to more voices, and I focus more on them then reality, so this leads to neglecting the present. If I hallucinate now the first thing I do is say 'why am i hallucinating?'. and say out loud or think to myself a list of all the things triggering my reluctance to interact with reality. I will say outloud every emotion I am feeling, and observe my thoughts 'I am thinking this because'. I do not get angry at the voices, I am not afraid of them, I just observe them, and then actively do something to turn away from them and focus on reality. The hardest part of learning this was solidifying my belief that the voices do not know more about the world then I do, there is nothing special about them, it is just another experience that can be lived with like anything else. I view the voices like another emotion, they are indicators.

Hey, you seem to be doing really well by getting some distance from the voices and cleverly analizing them. Keep up the good work. With love.

I agree you should make a separate post about conquering the voices, I think it would help a lot of others looking for answers. *You're very bright.

I agree you should make a separate post about conquering the voices, I think it would help a lot of others looking for answers. *You're very bright.

Hi everyone thank you for the welcome. Maybe, I'm not very confident in myself to tell other people about what I've experienced. Last year I thought the voices were from a higher part of me in a spiritual sense it's only recently that I've come to see it as the above, I'm always coming up with new explanations.

• 2 weeks later...

I only registered today but it's been a huge help reading all the posts.

It sounds like youre at least in partial control, which is great.

All the best and look forward to your posts. :)

Archived