Mental Health Forums

katiebirdy

Hi everyone, my name is Katie , new to this and have spent the day reading about bpd and it seems very familiar to me, have been anxious, fearful and depressed for most of my life , have been in one disastrous relationship after another. I haven't had a diagnosis yet but am being treated for anxiety and depression. I dunno the more I read it just seems like a perfect description of me although keep my anger in. Wonder if I should tell my GP, what do you reckon? k

I'm sure everyone is different but for me it's really helped to open up to some people. It may take a while to be referred and you might feel you'd prefer not to accept treatment, but getting some kind of confirmation is always good, however you choose to use it.

Welcome to the forum. :)

For me getting a dx was my best starting point to unearth my troubled head. Although, I am less than fond of the dx, it gave me an important starting point to my recovery.

Hi, discovering exactly what I was dealing with has made it easier to learn more about the way I am. Being labelled is something some people hate, but I found it helpful to know where the problem lay.

Hello and welcome to the forum - 'tis a lovely place here :)

It'd definitely be worth going to your GP to start to get some help... Personally I try as best I can to not get too hung up on labels, and focus on getting the help I need for my symptoms... but everyone's different!

take care

Archived