Mental Health Forums

Hello

JessieA

Hey everyone. To be honest I feel a bit uncomfortable posting here, I guess I've become so used to dealing with everything by myself that telling anyone else (even over the internet) feels...I dunno, too personal, I guess. But I'm gonna try anyway. I'm so tired of dealing with everything by myself (though I have a fiance who tried his hardest the help me. He's the one who found this forum for me) and feeling like I'm the only person who's like this and thus the biggest loser ever.

I suffer from depression that seems like its gotten worse over the years (I was diagnosed around 15, I'm 25 now) and I believe I also have problems with Anxiety and Bipolar Disorder (My Father and Brother have it, but I was taken outta therapy before the Doctor could give me a definitive diagnoses). I haven't really been to any kind doctor since the one when I was 15(ish) so I'm hoping I can at least find some here here, even if it's just emotional support.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this.

HI, welcome to the forum that I only joined a few hours ago.....

I think you are far from the only person that suffers with issues such as these, but if experience is anything to go by, it always feel from a personal point-of-view as if you are alone and on the outside.

Hey and thanks, Blood.

Yeah, I know that it's impossible for me to be the only person feeling like this but I can still never shake the feeling of being alone in it. I don't mention it to anyone aside from my fiance, and even then he has to ask because I won't come out and say it.

No; I know what you mean. I recently came out of a long-term relationship that wasn't working for either of us, and I feel nothing but guilt that it failed. I've recently become a lot closer to someone I used to know, and who I came very close to having a relationship with a year ago. I thought it was heading in the right direction until yesterday; she was telling me that she thinks she's falling in love with me, but now she wants to see an ex who she had a casual relationship with, to see if she has feelings for him. Apparently, he was 'The One'.

Even when you feel really close to someone, you're always conscious of the gap between you.

Hello JessieA,

Welcome to the site, I hope you find this a positive place for you and one, where when you feel a little more confident in posting that you will dip your toes in a little bit more, so to speak.

i tend to respond more to other peoples posts, than I actually post myself, but I feel that this is largely due to the fact that I am currently engaged in EMDR Therapy, hence am doing quite a bit of emotional work both in and outside of therapy.

Ive found people to be largely friendly and supportive on this site, so i hope you find some comfort in knowing that.

Hey guys and thanks for the kind welcome.

@Blood: Yeah, there is always a gap. It's crazy, especially since we'll have been together 12 years this Christmas and you'd think I'd be able to talk about stuff like this. It's just really hard to explain something that you don;t even fully understand yourself.

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about your relationship troubles. Unless you did something like cheat, it's not your fault that the relationship ended. Some stuff just doesn't work out, even if both people are doing all they can. As for this other girl...well I guess then only thing to do is ask yourself if she's worth waiting for. It's good she was honest with you about the other guy, I think it's better that she get that straightened out instead committing to another relationship while still having those feelings.

Archived