Mental Health Forums

Rip Robin Williams

Christine001

rip to a truely wonderful actor,, its a sad day. Condolences to his family, yet another tragic waste to this all consuming illness. Rip.

My God I am utterly in shock :( such a genius, such a wonderful soul. My hero gone but not forgotten. A very sad day indeed. I hope that from this tragedy depression will be highlighted in the world R.i.P funny man, my hero. Love u xxx

I legitimately cried when I woke up to a text from a friend informing me that he'd died. Cried more when I learned it was suicide. Had no tears left, just pain for him, when I learned he'd hung himself.

When I said I was sad that he'd killed himself my grandfather told me it was sad when anyone did so. He didn't understand what I'd meant and I didn't feel like explaining it then. What made me truly sad is that actors and celebrities (people in the public spotlight in general) have to stuff all this down. They can't seek out the help they may want or need without everyone knowing about it. Prying and spreading rumors and making it all in all not worth it. I've heard a few people blaming his recent return to alcohol abuse for his depression. I don't think it was that at all. I think, instead, that he was depressed and so turned to the alcohol as he'd done in the past in an attempt to relieve what he felt. Yeah the alcohol probably made it worse, but I don't think it was the cause. I see it more as a symptom.

Rest in peace Mr. Williams. I hope you find the happiness you always sought in life.

"You have been a fabulous audience! Tell you what, you're the best audience in the whole world. Take care of yourselves!" - Robin Williams as the Genie in Alladin

Archived