Mental Health Forums

Another New Girl Saying Hi

schmattka

Hi everybody,

I am one of those annoying people who self-diagnose over the Internet. I hope that does not prevent me from benefitting from your community.

I have previously seen 4 people about my mental health, and spoken to practitioners from a certain charity organisation which offers CBT over the phone. Some of those can't put diagnoses, the one that really should have, tried to address my current more transient issues by telling me I am depressed and need to take some magical SSRI's to make it all better again. My GP, also an old family friend, just summed it up as "You just grew up to be a bit neurotic, like your daddy."

I will go and get a diagnosis, help, structured treatment, it is just hard where I currently live and in my situation of a foreign postgrad student who barely manages work and studies in their final year. And my home country might be the worst place in Europe to get treatment for mental health troubles.

I have for years felt, thought and acted in certain ways which make me feel that, to my best understanding, I fully fit 6 out of 9 of the BPD diagnostic criteria. Some of the stories (and, oh, did I read plenty) of people with BPD sound more like memories than other people's experiences put in words. A person I loved just left me, because I messed up our, say, 4th try to be a couple. "Stormy" doesn't quite cut it.

I simply wanted to know there is at least just this forum where I can speak to people and feel understood, with as little judgement as possible, and as little fear of the stigma. I will have a good look around now and hopefully will stick with this forum, but I have not naturally been gifted perseverance. I do, however, never know when to stop talking/typing.

Hello welcome to the forum!, hope we can help you out, feel free to vent :)

i'm sorry to hear about your relationship, but 4th time maybe means it's not meant to be?

I joined months before I had an official dx, I was pretty sure it was the case when I started looking into it. Welcome to the forum and don't worry, if you are feeling mentally upset and troubled you are in the right place.

Welcome on the forums. You're at the right place to make friends and get people relating to your life experiences. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. :)

Archived