Mental Health Forums

Saw My New Worker Today

Distracted

Well I met my new worker (not sure what her job title is) she came out to my house. She was nice (very young tho!) and she had read my file which was surprising but good so I didn't have to explain too much. She wants me to think about psychology in time for our next appointment so she can refer me. There's an 18 week wait from referral and she's hoping by then I will be more stable. She's putting me back on some meds but I don't know when or what yet. I'm seeing her again in 2 weeks. I told her I'm not ready to deal with the OCD just yet as for now it's what keeps me sane and I don't know how I would cope without it, it's such a huge part of me. So hopefully, fingers crossed I am starting to get somewhere.

Thank you addy. I hope you are ok xx I felt the slightest bit of hope after I had spoken to her, that soon evaded me and the anxiety has well and truly kicked in. Today has been rough, I'm scared xx

How long have u got OCD distracted? It's awful isn't it I've had since I was 19 I had cbt loads if times but it hasn't helped much like you I feel it keeps me sane but at the same time it causes me so much stress. I hope it works out for you and your new social worker xxx

Tbh addy, I don't know how long, it feels like it's always been there. I didn't get diagnosed until a few months ago. And even then I really didn't think it was a problem I thought it was just the way I am. In fairness I thought everyone has their quirks and this was just mine. It's mostly counting (it has to be multiples of 2) and the phrase I have to say over and over to keep us safe. They are the worst bits. I'm sorry you suffer with this too addy, it's really awful. I'm sorry CBT didn't work for you. My worker (whatever she is) has told me to think about it but I'm not sure. Xx

Archived