Mental Health Forums

Medication What's It For?

addy2

I was told meds aren't prescribed for Bpd but I'm on trazadone 300mg and quietapine 200mg anyone else get these and what do they give them for? I have loads of different dx so it's hard for me to know what's what right now or what is to help what

Hey addy. I think they prescribe according to symptoms and not to diagnoses per se. I take quetiapine and it dampens my racing mind, colours I see and sounds i hear. It helps me sleep. I have various dxs as well and try not to get too hung up about it, as it worried me more than it did good. If the meds you take help with symptoms, that's good. Hope this helps.

we also used to take quetiapine - which really helped with racing thoughts and to sleep

but it makes our blood pressure suddenly dip which is scary and so we don't take it atm

also now avoid benzos as they massively increase our anxiety - but have been given them lots

and they would like us to take other stuff but we refuse

except sometimes things to help anxiety

the meds are for symptoms not a diagnosis

Like was already said they are to treat the symptoms rather than the dx. I take 600mg trazadone which for me is used as an antidepressant but it has a sedative effect so helps with sleep (sometimes), its also supposed to dull down the anxiety too, I used to be on quetiapine for psychosis, but now take aripiprazole instead, also take carbemazepine to stabilise moods and propranolol for anxiety.

My only dx at the moment is bpd, though I believe it should be cptsd instead, however its irrelavant to the meds I get, as each of my meds is related to a symptom I have not the dx I have been given by someone who meets me twice a year for 5 mins at a time

Thanks for the replies everyone I was started on the trazadone originally to help with mood as I was really low when he started me on it as time when on he added the quietapine I also have the racing thoughts and hallucinations which I admit it has taken the edge of those and and the low mood, but as you all know cause I'm always on about it my anxiety is crazy high like today I dissasociated totally went blank that scares me that part is far worse. I have cptsd daisy along with everything else they have given me they treated me for Bpd with dbt which confused me because Bpd bothers me the least of everything but then again I'm always confused xx

• 3 weeks later...

Archived