Mental Health Forums

Hello

PDBPD

Addy I thought about you often, very good you are still here...how are you??

I have had a relatively smooth summer time, experiencing some problems with my ex wife all the while

Steve

I'm glad your summer was ok let's hope it continues. I haven't been so good still attempting to start trauma therapy and got my assessment back in what the psychologist thought I was hard to read it seems I'm more messed up that I thought. Anyway here has been a brilliant support I would be so lost without everyone x

No sorry I wrote it wrong I meant to say it was hard to read what she wrote she said I have eupd which I already knew I'm also severely depressed and highly anxious and that PTSD and my relationship with my partner have a big negative effect on my life. I should get the rest if my mh notes in the next few weeks not sure if it's such a good idea or not x

Yeah I want to know what they are saying about me, my psychologist wasn't happy about it but tough it wasn't really hers I was after it was my dbt therapist notes I wanted I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not I'm scared it'll trigger me even more

I want to know what went wrong and why he hated me or I felt he hated me and was I right did he really and also they lied to me a lot they said I was in control but I wasn't really they made all the choices for me and why didn't it work they say dbt works for everyone so it must be my fault if it didn't work and that makes me feel really bad about me like a total failure which is probably why my anxiety has got worse I have failed the best therapy there is meant to be x

Addy...lots of black and white thinking. The therapy didn't help you as planned, correct?? That can happen, not always are things as we we plan although no person needs to be at fault. I am sorry you are taking this personally....the bigger picture is a situation where you were part of a group therapy that, if my memory is correct, a number of events took place during that time. You also may have been placed in a group which you were not ready for??

Addy..you are going to find things that you disagree with, are you safe to deal with this??

Steve

addy

no one is saying dbt is the best therapy

nor do they say it helps everyone

I guess the people who it helps will rave about it and talk about it and promote it

but there will be hundreds and thousands who hated it like you and who don't feel it helped them

also sometimes things help us in ways we are not necessarily aware of - or some months/years down the line

the mh unit we are attached to is specifically for complex needs/pd's

they don't do dbt there

hope that reading your notes doesn't upset you too much

but please

take your time

and if you are going to read them, read them more than once as it is VERY VERY easy to miss the odd word out that can change the whole meaning of something

or to read what you expect to see rather than what is actually there

take care xx

Thanks Steve and walker. I know reading them will possibley make me feel worse or then again it might not. That's the way they made me feel about it I wasn't allowed to express to them at all how it affected me, now 5 months later I am struggling to do things that I could do. I once said to my one to one that I was angry at dbt and the fact they rejected me when I needed them and he said I had no right to be angry what right did he have to say that. I think it was the wrong time walker I just wasn't ready and because dbt was new here and she was looking numbers she put me in anyway. I know it's maybe not so simple I have other dx alongside Bpd which bother me more than Bpd but I'm so scared now I'm going to be like his forever I've never found anything hat helped well no I'm wrong cbt worked and support having someone to talk too but if you have Bpd they don't want you having that and took away the support I had which didn't make me more independant it made me worse. I spoke with my old social worker yesterday I met her out somewhere and she said she never got a request for my notes but I know my psychologist I see now got one I'm supposed to have them within 40 days which is next week so I'm hoping they are ready. I get what you mean walker that could happen so easily and I have a habit of taking things wrong as it is I just need to be careful and aware when im reading them xx

Archived