Mental Health Forums

Bps Made Worse By This Site

HardeyFromUK

I have to say my BPD has been made worse by this site. I came here for
support and made an intro and not one person said hello.

I notice almost everyone else has had come kind if response.

So, the regular members have clearly ignored me.

Hardey, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm really sorry I missed your intro post. Sometimes things get missed but I'm honestly sure no-one will have knowingly ignored you - that's just not the kind of place this is. I can only apologise that you found the site to be negative for you and hope you can move past it. I would like to welcome you here, should you choose to stay.

Hope you are ok.

Hey hardy, I havent been on this site since 2011 and I can almost understand why you would feel like it made you feel worst. Support is so very important for people like us. We get triggered so easily. Be assured that you're in a place where people care and read :) things will get better. It's great you've expressed your disappointment, we need to be open.

51 views and only 5 bother to look and most make excuses.

The truth is nothing was missed because everyone else was noticed around the time I posted.

It is strange that I come to a BPD site and yet the very thing we avoid is happening!

I feel much worse and I'm off.

And that is from a 40 year old man that has had years of treatment for BPD.

However, I have rapid cycling bipolar also...so...maybe not so easy.

It does not get better. It hurts that much.

Hi

Sorry you feel ignored and hurt. I guess everyone here is for similar reasons, so I personally find it a little harsh that you accuse people of making excuses when they are trying to explain, especially when we have all registered on an online support forum for our own reasons. But I also hear this is how you are feeling.. you are feeling ignored and not part of the forum, and I'm sorry about that.

I do wonder whether an online forum is the right place for you though as it's common for any thread (not just yours) to get many more views than responses. If you're going to count how many responses you get instead of hearing the words of those 5 who did bother to respond, then a forum may well do more harm than good in your recovery? It sounds like you're not staying anyway so I really do wish you well and am sorry that you feel this way but hope you are able to find help and support somewhere that will help.

Take care
Jenny

I think your actually rather rude unless we actually open the page we can't see what you've written and people have had the good manners to say sorry and your saying we are making excuses. A lot of people in here are struggling just maybe no one had nothing today try thinking of others instead of offended those who did reply to you I've posted loads on here and sometimes people don't reply maybe there not feeling good themselves maybe they have nothing to say it's a support forum for everyone and if you want to leave well that's up to you it might be for best seeing as you have possibly offended people already

Your going to get more views on a post with the name you called it... So what you got five replies on this one and none on your other, Many people on here get no replies either on their posts... Your not the first nor the last, No one here made you worse from far it...

Plus if it was that bad why make a post or even come back on here again??? I very much feel you're attention seeking!!! So therefore this is all I'm saying as your not worth my time because I'm not someone who will play along with attention seeker!!!...

I dont feel attatcking someone due to the fact they may have got it wrong is a good idea. Nor very helpful..... Hardey I wont rite you off buddy if you need a chat pm me but please be patient as my internet is a little speradic at best however I will always reply as and when I can...

we don't write people off

however - like you feel hurt by this - so do others

we can ALL hurt others in the midst of our own pain

I have been here over 6 yrs

know loads of people very well

still need support and sometimes try to give support

I often read posts but since my head is mostly telling me I have nothing worth contributing because I am always wrong - I often don't reply

I STILL - after all these years - struggle when my posts are apparently 'ignored'

it is upsetting and triggering

all that self hatred and loathing and inadequacy

feeling like I am being targeted, picked out, hated, don't belong, not heard

I really do get those feelings and lots more - every week at least

BUT

I have also received some of the most amazing and life saving support here

I have learnt a vast amount about myself and my 'condition' and about others

I have learnt (most of the time) to keep some of my rage 'against the world' to myself - because I need the world to be there for me

and yes I know that at some point, someone will answer, someone will care, someone will hear - even though I still have to remind myself daily of this

and if they don't, I am allowed to ask for help again

we all want attention here

if we didn't

we wouldn't be posting

hope this helps

What I like about this forum is members can discuss...not always agreeing...move to another topic and the same people are supporting each other.

Keep that in mind Hardey...before you walk away please

Steve

Archived