Mental Health Forums

Why Is The World Out To Get Me, Undermine Me, And Scold Me?

farneston

I can't make strong associations with people, in social situations, I act the same as all others do, I don't make bad faux pas, and am not offensive, but then I get called out as "too quiet"...yet others say very little and get by scott free.

I always feel subject to too many double standards. It's as if the world is out to get me and hurt me, and for what? What wrong did I do?

I'm tired of this because it's been going on for TOO LONG...really since I've been a teenager. And I've tried to resolve it by changing my attitudes, changing how I relate, changing how I talk/come across, but it's still fundamentally the same... And people say "smile", but then I seldom see people smiling in public, and they go around their business normally.

I know I may have to go to therapy, but then they'll just judge me and scold me..... I made a thread similar to this in the relationships forum, and it's as if they select who gets good treatment and who doesn't....I actually feel like a second class citizen and continually in limbo....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-firestone/depression-help_b_4018957.html

I was reading these eight points, and I do some of them, but then whenever I get into social situations, the same stuff comes up. I make associations with others, but then it goes sour.

For instance, I had joined some political groups about a year ago, and become friendly with a couple of people, but then when I ask them out they just say "well i'm busy, so let's play it by ear". But they'll provide confusing points, because they left birthday messages on my Facebook wall and added me on Linkedin and stuff. so if they don't give a shit about me, why do that? why not be open and honest, I'm a man, I can take it....

If anything, reading stuff like in the hyperlink above annoys me, since I've seldom had professionals that empathetic. They seem to put a positive spin on things, the one's I've seen largely have not......Again, it's as if there is some big conspiracy to deny me...

But then good things happen to me too....I am working on a career change, have made some good contacts, and am almost complete. I completed my first degree and want to do an MBA soon. And I am losing weight and changing my diet.

But then this pales by the side, because I feel like the basic rights, dignities and empathy of society are denied me for no apparent reason, when they're given to all others freely and without question. Even to murderers and rapists sometimes..meh...

I bet this will anger some people here, because they cannot stand me not being a second class citizen. Well if somebody can state why I should be, then fine, if it not..meh I don't care...

And to add, I feel downer than previous weeks because I THOUGHT I had made a friend, but seems like no.

Yes, people have free will, we can do as we please....but then my birthday was in August, and she sent me a birthday message on Facebook. She added on her profile on Linkedin.com, and I don't see anybody else in our circle on her connections. But then this evening we were together and she was very cold, but very warm to others there. I know people can be confusing, but this used to happen a lot when I was younger...I'm not a teenager now, I am 35, so why is it still happening now? I actually feel like crying, I know it seems sad, but meh.... Ordinarily, I wouldn't care so much, but then I only do care because I hate double and confusing meanings.

There are just so many things that are presented to me as double standards, and I think this is how/why I got depressed. It just seems everybody else got a free pass from society, and I did not, and for no real good or rational reason. Yes, humanity is not fully rational. But then, meh.....we are a in a lot of ways in society though...

I'm not really bothered.....Double standards are part of life...so many things are though...doesn't mean they're desirable...

I'm sorry that being me, and have beliefs and thoughts irritates you so much....

Hey Farneston, I'm sorry that you feel denied by society. That's a terrible feeling. I hope that things ease for you soon and that you make some friends. Please talk here anytime you need it. Cheers. :)

Farneston....where did I say you irritated me??

If you had I would had made my meaning clear, understood?? I was attempting to empathise with you. I would appreciate you checking your tone before addressing me again, are we clear??

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

then don't respond....or perhaps realise that you can't presume everybody will react the same way to how you communicate.....

for what it's worth, i just want standard knowledge...i don't care how I get it.......

Archived