Mental Health Forums

Manic

addy2

My head is buzzing totally and I can't get it to stop it's racing and it's scaring me I feel like I need to be moving all the time but I can't as I'm too shaky and anxious but I have too and I feel like I need to run away but where would I go. Does anyone else get this and how can I calm myself down? I can't stand the feeling it's been like this all morning but it's just getting worse and worse :(

My head is buzzing totally and I can't get it to stop it's racing and it's scaring me I feel like I need to be moving all the time but I can't as I'm too shaky and anxious but I have too and I feel like I need to run away but where would I go. Does anyone else get this and how can I calm myself down? I can't stand the feeling it's been like this all morning but it's just getting worse and worse :(

aww bummer.

Wish I could say something to help.

I don't have any good advice, because when I get anxious with racy/looping thoughts I just resort to self medication.

You are stronger though.

Can you try some relaxing music.

love from me x

I get this and I find it really hard trying hide it. As soon as I am on my own I do any on the spot aerobic exercise I can just to try and rid some of it. I find it hardest when sitting at my desk at work. As has been suggested, a walk or a run may help x

Thankyou all for replying it's still the same Steve although my gp gave me diazepam as she had some bad news for me regarding my recent overdose it seems now I have liver damage that was all I needed so anxiety has been through the roof all evening now and being me it has made me want to take even more. Like you successful work through I too self medicate which has now turned on me x

She never said Steve she just had my results in front of her and she said there was damage to my liver. Just my luck isn't it, I'm too anxious to walk and feeling so depressed now x

I called lifeline earlier and then they called me back to see how I was they said I can call anytime which I know but I don't really want to talk to them now I just need to pretend for a while that it isn't real x

Hi Steve not doing do good today I had the most horrible nightmares about things that happened before I'm not feeling good I'm all shaky and scared I tried going out for a while but I still feel terrible x

I don't cope well I can cook and do what I have to do so that's all that matters I'm struggling to stay safe today my anxiety is crazy high again it makes me so depressed x

Thanks Steve, still awake make the mistake of watching a horror film which made me panic they usually don't but this one did now I'm scared. I might try and go to bed soon. I hope you get some sleep too x

A bit Steve but I'm very tired today my partner and I went out for dinner but I was a bundle of nerves and then he wanted to go for a walk but I was too anxious so I sat in the sun for a while but in all honesty I'm as depressed as I was when I went out seems there's no pleaseing me. I'm glad you got some sleep Steve. Thanks daisy I hope you got done sleep too xx

i know what your goin through because i get a racing head If i dont take my calming down pills n its horible to go through. .. I wouldnt wish it on anyone to have to experience that...

Hugs maddy it's terrible isn't it I never know how to calm mine down I take meds for it which helped at the start but not do much now unfortunately :(

Archived