Mental Health Forums

Not Sure..

mert

I'm gutted .. Had a letter from my psyc dr saying he thought if stopped meds when I did cause I'd been to hard on myself.. And that he was pleased I'm back on them... Feels like huge backwards.....". How can taking drugs be better...."w hat is wrong with me!

• 2 weeks later...

what's his reasoning behind this? he must have one....

Ask him why he thinks you should be back on...if he gives a good reason, then fine. if not, complain.

Well, taking meds is not the best obviously but sometimes it's better to take them for a while so you can be free of them later. I don't know if I put it well. What I mean is that sometimes we need a extra help to get fitter later on. It's only a temporary thing. Maybe you've misinterpreted your doctor, what I think is he saying he prefer to see you under meds than see you risking worse damages without it. The benefices versus risks thing. Take care.

Well the purpose of meds in any case is to manage or cure a condition.

So he must have some reasoning why he believes being on meds is better.

By your tone, it seems you think he's wrong. I'd again suggest to ask him, since he would know best.

The thing you have to consider though is your current condition...do you function well without meds? if so, I can see how going on them would seem like a backward step... Will say for the third time ask him again..:) It's the only way, and as your doctor, he should have your best interest at heart.

Archived