Mental Health Forums

Risking My Health

Merylbear

I am risking my health to save my doctor social worker psychiatrist money by not taking medication not taking anti depressants not going to a support group not having care I have been off my medication for 4 months now I feel very ill but I have to save them money it can go to somebody who needs it more than me I am not worth it I don't worry about my health I just have to put up with it so somebody else can get better

Meds are given to you because your pdoc feels these will help stabilize you, it's not saving any money, or there time this is what they get paid for, to help people like yourself ... please reconsider its very hard to suffer because you feel not worthy, of course your worthy everyone is deserving of medical help... this includes you.... if you broke your leg would you go without medical help to fix it could that be possible would it heal without help? No it couldn't not only would it be painful to bare it would render you feeling useless unable to cope, and more than likely cost to heal later would be greater... please seek help now you need help ...

Hi

Just to reiterate what Jelly Bean has said really. I'm sorry you're struggling and don't feel worth anyone time or money or help. I know it's hard to believe it despite what we say here, but you DO deserve the help.

Take care

Jenny

Everybody says worry about my health and not about saving money but I can't I don't deserve to have any care any benefits I should not be living in a supported living place I should not be seeing a doctor I should just put up with it if I am ill I am getting problems with my stomach and my bones are really hurting but I won't see a doctor about because I am saving them money by not going to see them I don't worry about my health I don't matter at all

Who was it who planted the idea that you do not deserve the cost of care?

Who did that to you?It must have come from somewhere.

It's bullshit,by the way.But you won't believe me because you have been brainwashed.

I just want you to think about where that belief came from.

The fact that you believe this means that most likely you are one of the people that should have NHS help. If you want to harm yourself and risk your life by not taking your medication then own that fact, take responsibility for the fact that you are choosing to give up on yourself and your life- don't do it under the guise of being 'helpful' to the nhs. One person i.e you, not taking your meds and help on offer is a drop in the financial ocean of the NHS expenditures, it makes negligible difference to their financial situation. But if you don't take them then it's likely you'll become ill and they will send an ambulance for you that will cost them- and someone else may die waiting for an ambulance that would have gone to them but has instead gone to you who could have avoided it by taking their meds, repeatedly doing that will cause repeated visits which will cost them. If they deem you mentally unstable because you won't take your meds or take care of yourself (because you can't because you haven't taken meds or help) they may keep you hospitalised or section you which will cost them money.

The simple fact of the matter is that the NHS is there for people who need it and people pay taxes that then pay for that treatment they may need- and you sound like you fit that category, you say that you don't deserve the help but you're as deserving as anyone else- why not take the help, get better and then go out and help others- that would be truly selfless. If you really want to help the NHS and other people you can do far more good healthy and alive than you can being sick and dead. Just something to think about.

There are two of these one here and a other in depression and anxiety... sorry for the confusion will try to put all in other thread... if I can't Will leave this one on as well...

You said they will send a ambulance I have told them I will not go to a doctor or to the hospital even if I am really ill and I have told them not to send a ambulance or doctor to me at all because they could go to somebody who needs it more than me

well then you would be sectioned and it would be taken out of your hands

sorry

but in this country they don't intentionally leave people when they are taken seriously ill

and sectioning would involve police, mh services, psychiatrist, social worker, and LOTS of money

you might want to write yourself off - but others dont

we ask again

what do you want us to say?

there is a reason you are telling us

do you know what it is?

because many, many of us on here do not feel worthy of help, or services and we all have reasons for being like that

This is ridiculous. What is it you want us to do? Tell you what an amazing selfless person you are? How strong & brave? I'm sorry. I am just frustrated by your poor me attitude.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a last desperate plea from the hopeless. In saying you refuse help and don't feel worthy of it, you are crying out for help. Denying yourself treatment is a form of self harm/abuse. You need to realise this is self destructive behaviour and see your doctor. We care and want you to get better.

The only other reason i can see for not getting help because you want someone else to receive it, is because you are an extreme philanthropist, in which case why not accept the help, and think of all the good you could do when you get better.

just a suggestion but maybe Merylbear is angry because she is not getting the support and help she think's she should be getting ?................or is that support coming to an end soon and your scared that you will be abandoned and unsupported ? what is your diagnosis ? are you angry because you disagree with the diagnosis they have given you ?

We all on here have to deal with our shit merylbear...........most of us are gratefull for any fuckin help we can get !

Get all the help that you are offered and try to improve your situation by helping yourself .............sorry if I sound hard, just saying it as it is.

But Meryl, if you don't accept help they'll lose even more money cause your health will aggravate. That's what you don't seem to realize. Please hold the hand people are hanging to you.

If I go to the doctors the doctor will say I am imagining the pain in my stomach so why should I go when somebody else who needs to see. Doctor and get tests or tablets when the doctor will say I don't need anything so why should I go

Exactly what Steve said, and also I know someone who was very stressed and she was complaining about stomach pains, then she went to her doctor and they discovered she was suffering from a stomach ulceration. These things can go seriously wrong if left unchecked. Please go see someone. I don't know you obviously but I think really you're denying yourself care as a form of self-harm. Or maybe do you have a death wish? I hope you can get helped soon. Hugs and take care.

I am not self harming I am saving money for everybody else I am not worrying about my health I worry about everybody's else's health

I have got no choice I have to carry on with what I am doing I have to save the Nhs and the Government money even if I have to die to save them money

Archived