Mental Health Forums

Why Do You Post Here?

Data

Purpose of posting  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main reason for making posts here?

• I want to receive advice
    • I want to receive emotional support
    • I want to give advice
    • I want to give emotional support
    • I want to make friends
    • It makes me feel better writing things down
    • I just want to talk to people with similar issues to me
    • Other (feel free to comment below)

Other-

to district myself

to make me feel like I'm not a completely terrible person

to learn from others- their positive and negative experiences, their bravery etc

But it's not just that. There is something that makes this site special. I have posted on a lot of other mental health sites but I've been on here for more than 3 years now and I've never stayed around anywhere for this long. I don't post as regularly as I used and a couple of times I thought I'd left for good but I always come back. Not just because I want all the things I wrote here and the things I ticked in Data's poll (which was everything apart from the writing things down) but because I know I can find them here. Maybe it's bad to feel like that, I should never expect support from anyone but that is how I feel.

- I used to see NHS personnel a while ago, and it's still scarred me..

- I remain reasonably positive most of the time, but still feel a bit depressed

- I want to know how others deal with it..

- I see people still live rich lives despite it, and I think one problem is that any condition I have (which isn't diagnosed BTW) shouldn't stop me living life how I want to live it. This is why I posted about sex in the other forum, since the NHS people a while back said I couldn't have it whilst in any MH care...

sometimes in the shadow of inner grief and sadness, knowing that someone feels the same as you makes you feel somewhat less isolated. living in the knowledge that your not lone helps you focus a little better

The people here make me feel cared for, listened too and supported I never get that in real life I feel I can say anything and I'm not judged I've been here four years and it's the best place I've ever used. I also hope I give support I might not always know what to say but I hope people feel I have supported them a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived