Mental Health Forums

Hi!

Song

Hi everyone, my name is Song, and I am living in nz. I am 33 and was diagnosed last year with BPD, well actually I figured it out by reading all about it and my therapist confirmed it according to all the criteria I fit. I am married, a mom with 2 kids, and I am a practicing, born-again Christian. I have really come to a crossroads with this whole BPD thing, because although it explains EVERYTHING i have felt and lived my whole life (it runs through the family line from my maternal grandmother), I don't know how much I want to advertise it about myself, and noone in real everyday life knows much about it or how to deal with it in me, and I find it very hard to explain myself without sounding scary, strange or self absorbed. I feel very alone at times, like I am from another planet, and noone really "gets" me, and worse I don't really "get" them. So it is hard, but I feel so glad finally putting a name to it, and that I am not really alone.

I believe it is because of the way I was raised, and because the way my mom was raised, as well as some seriously traumatic events in my life which weren't dealt with properly. That being said, I believe it is up to me to own my behavior and my reactions, the seed may have been planted by someone else, but it is up to me to control it's growth. So, with my faith, and an understanding husband I am coping, but run into many many struggles in all the relationships in my life, the worst being the one between me and my mom (she has BPD, but doesn't know it or accept there is anything wrong with her at all and frequently brags to everyone she is the only sane and balanced one in the family ~ she has a narcissism complex as her defence ~ while pushing all the worng buttons).

My favorite song right now is "Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty ( I love all their stuff) because it is so honest and real about how I feel most of the time ~ I'm not crazy! I'm just a little UNWELL!LOL! :D Amen to that!! :P

Hi song, welcome!

i to hope your find support here but also we all have laughs and get on like a house on fire (are you insured) lol. i wish you the best B)

Hi Song

We joined on the same day and at last I have a chance to welcome you too.

I have never listened to MB20, but now that you shared the words to some of their songs I am going to find a cd so that I can hear the words in context. Thanks for posting so much so quick.

Archived