Mental Health Forums

Eating

Vicky

I put this in here rather than the eating disorders section becuase I want to know if it's a depression thing. Does anyone else feel hungry but not want to eat anything? Like nothing tastes good? Lol I might just be mad, but please throw in your experiences. Thanks!

Yea,

When I am clinicaly depressed I loose a lot of weight because nothing appeals at all. Everything tastes bland,empty, dull .....much like the depression I guess.

yes, that happens with me too. all food tastes horrible -except my favourite comfort food, blackberry and apple crumble. Can't live on that though.

I dont want anything when I get depressed. Even the normal comfort/treat food. End up cooking because I think that I should and binning it all.

Lived of diet coke,wine and a packet of ready salted crisps a day the last time

Yes! I have a thing for avocados. I have been eating a lot of them thinking they are nice and healthy and found out one has 31 grams of fat in it. :o:o :o

Avocados? Random comfort food lol.

My dad cooked dinner tonight, it was sat in front of me and I couldn't eat it. Although I was hungry.

Lol I think we have depressed stomachs!

Thanks for replying guys, still working out what's depression and what's other things.

Take care all,

Victoria

sorry my depression leads to constant eating. whether i am hungry or not i will eat. it leads to gaining weight and more depression about that. wish i had the kind where you dont eat.

bets

I think that maybe I am probably depressed sometimes in addition to what I have already been diagnosed as.. but I work in a restuarant, and I normaly eat there during the day...but some days when I am really down I just don't want to eat that so I come home and try to get the energy to cook something.. and I just can't ... I don't know whats up..

btw: the trunk of my car is a mini grocery store.. alll the junk food I could think of so If I cant eat at my store or at home I just attack the trunk..

i get like that when im down, like right now, im eating for eatings sake and out of boredom, but nothing tastes good and im not enjoying eating at all

(((Bets))) Stupid isn't it? You're down because you are eating and I am because I'm not eating. Women huh? Don't worry about it hon, I'm sure it'll even itself out.

Funny how no-body ever craves carrots or celery sticks isn't it !! Like when you get these really fussy kids on the telly, "oh little jimmey will only eat crisps and chocolate buttons...." Guess the survival instinct makes us eat stodge, perhaps eating when youre depressed is a kind of survival. Not sure about starving when your depressed, nature making more room for all us foodies....

Drew I am totally like you on the sweets altho other carbs are good too.. toast (lots of butter) maybe a pasta with andything but a red sauce.

bets

Archived