Mental Health Forums

New To Bpd

JenaKrug

Hi,

I'm 18 years old and have, just in September, been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I'm very confused because I feel that I have no one to relate to because I don't know anyone else that has this disorder. I cannot talk to my mother because she doesn't understand mental illnesses. I'm really just looking for someone to possibly talk to about what I'm going through and get advice and feedback. So, as my ever so patient boyfriend would say, I'm looking for a borderline friend :)

Thanks!

This is the best way about learning about your disorder from other people who have it too. you have come to the right place for support i can asure you of that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there- I was diagnosed with BPD recently too with very few people IRL that understand what it is... so you're definitely not alone! Hopefully people like us on here will be able to deal with that together :)

Also, total newbie, so hello to everyone else as well!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

i was diagnosed with BPD just today, I've been sitting here reading up on it and connecting all the dots to the way have have been behaving all these years. it would be nice to talk to some one who has it also, my gf is trying to connect with me on comparing it to her dyslexia but it just upsets me more that she doesn't understand the depth of it. am i being melodramatic and need to get over myself? I'm so confused right now and could really do with being assured that its not all that bad and there is hope.

cookie

Hi Cookie, warm welcome to the forums. I don't have BPD myself but I've met fabulous people here who have it. I can assure you that even if they suffer from their BPD they're also gifted with the most awesome empathy I've seen and I see them as fantastic friends. I've only an exterior point of view and BPD sufferers will talk about it far better than me but I see that if they don't let their condition define them they are absolutely great people and all is not bad. I believe that as long as one is alive there is a hope for a better life. You're not melodramatic to me, mental illnesses are really complex and it's indeed confusing. Hope that my BPD friends will come reassure you. Just wanted to let you know that you've been read and warm welcome here.

Archived