Mental Health Forums

Has Anyone Ever Been On Quitiapine? :/

kbeeb

just started taking it last week and it zones me out for the night which isnt great as i have an active 4 yr old who hates sleeping.

Has anyone else been on it? Will it help my depression?

Im on sertraline, quitiapine,chopromazine and diazepam. I feel wrecked and low and alone.

Help................anyone :( :(

Yeah, there are a few people on here who take it - or who have done in the past. (And there have been a few discussions about it before too - try putting it in the search field on the home page.)

Anyway, I am one of the people who currently take it. It is an antipsychotic like chlorpromazine so I'm not sure it will have been given to you as an anti- depressant in its truest sense but then it is given to people who are not psychotic too in the same way...

I find it really useful for stopping my crazy non-stop thoughts and use its drowsy effect to help me get to sleep better too by taking my dosage at night. The sedative effect can be very strong in some people although you will find you are more tolerant of this (to some degree at least) after a few weeks of taking it.

Hope this helps.

I was prescribed quietapine to help slow down racing thoughts and paranoid thoughts I also get trazadone and I read the two were sometimes used together to treat depression but to my knowledge quietapine is for anxiety and psychotic symptoms. It does cause drowsiness but you can tell them you need to be alert for your child I don't know why they would give two anti psychotics together either though did they say why?

thanks, theyve given me 2 anti psychotics as my anxiety is very bad, so bad that i hear voices in my head sometimes.

im just hoping it calms the depression down...:(

the anxiety still pretty bad too

I take Quetiapine along with an antidepressant (Clomipramine). So far I've found it very effective at helping with anxiety, paranoia and other psychotic symptoms that I have. It's nice to be knocked out and get a good night sleep so intrusive thoughts or anxiety don't keep me awake. I'm not sure how much of my improvement is due to the drug's effect and how much is due to getting a good night's sleep every night.

I take it along with fluoxetine it does make you feel funny at first but I found after a while those feeling wore off. They have helped me stabilise my moods a bit. Good luck and hope they work for you :)

• 3 weeks later...

ive been on it for years and was told its a very good mood stabiliser, i take mine before jumping into bed it helps me get to sleep, i did find the drowsey effect in the morning but it does get better, i find its been brilliant for me no weight gain etc.

lightworker

I take it. I'm currently on 300mg at night. My Psychiatrist prescribed it because I just couldn't switch off and sleep. Zopiclone was doing nothing. My mind was constantly racing and I was having horrific night terrors and flashbacks. I would easily go 4 or 5 days on no sleep. I was getting really unwell. I have kids too, but have found that I get through the morning OK now I'm used to it.x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am currently taking 200mg quetiapine at night along with 200mg trazadone for Bpd and depression and I must say that it has really helped my depression and moods, I am much more stable now. I have gained some weight and I feel very tired the next day but I currently feel it is worth it to feel well. I either have to choose between being thinner and unwell or overweight and well so I choose being well xxxx

I'm not a doctor but I have severe anxiety and I see and hear things but two of the same medication won't help that I don't think, I take quietapine and trazadone too angel I just got my quietapine upped to 300 mg and I have an appt tomorrow with my psychiatrist but I don't think it helped I think I'm immune if anything I feel worse. Quietapine isn't used for depression alone though is it I don't think mine is combined with an anti depressdant x

I either have to choose between being thinner and unwell or overweight and well so I choose being well xxxx

I can't tell you how much it has helped me hear you say that angel. I am having to make the same choice and I felt so alone with it. I knew what was the 'right' choice despite still having ed fights inside me but knowing someone else is making that same 'sacrifice' has boosted my self-confidence. Thanks!

Archived