Mental Health Forums

Sorry - Easing Back In

Lapwing

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been here for a while - I've been in hospital for some time - about 5 weeks I think - on a section for a while. All pretty horrible, but perhaps I deserved that? Probably was for the best anyway.....

I'm not officially released yet, but on some home leave, so see how that goes. Will try to be around a bit more, but it'll probably take a little while, and I'll need to be careful about which posts I read... so :hug2: :hug2: to everyone who needs them...

xxx

Seeing that you've posted really gave my spirit a lift.I know things are hard just now & i want to say "well done" for coming back & posting because i know it can be daunting to recommence communication.

Take it slow & steady hun.Just glad that you posted this update.xxx

Thank you all... sorry, can't yet cope with reading anyone's posts, so this is all a bit selfish of me... Got to go back in tonight, then hopefully will be allowed a bit longer out next time... fingers crossed will be from tomorrow, so just got to behave tonight....

Not feeling the best, but back home again after shorter stay than I expected, so must be progress... have to go back for a while tomorrow, and then home overnight, then back on Friday, then home for whole weekend... all being well discharged monday morning. Not sure there's any support after that though...

We will be here to give you support hun,if nothing else. You sound almost anxious about being discharged.. Don't you think you can cope? I think you do cope & you CAN get by without constant support. You are very capable.xxx

Thank you... Not really anxious, to be honest pissed off.... things were getting worse before I went in, I was trying to get support, there was nothing, so it got so bad hubby had to take me to A&E, they keep you in for ages, and then discharge as though nothing happened. Still, it's not like my situation is unique!

They are in fact useless. But it's time to grit my teeth and get back on with life - there's no point waiting to get help from someone else when it obviously isn't going to happen!

I'm managing, and I don't have to go back til Monday morning now. I was looking forward to going to a nice long walk, but my useless ankle is playing up, so that's less likely. But at least real fresh air in the back garden is now possible! I think maybe I'm starting to return as a person again, as opposed to just being a walking blob of symptoms. Hopeful that in 10 days or so I'll be able to start getting back to work as well, but mustn't rush things I guess.

Thanks for having me back

I'm happy that your return seem to go well. Fresh air is so nice after weeks inside. And it's better to not rush things, you'll know when you're ready. Take good care of yourself, very happy to see you back. *Warm hug.*

Have been released - sorry, discharged. Apparently a support team will be in touch to help ease me back into the normal world. But I get to sleep in my own bed, and snuggle with hubby, and stroke the cat.

I've been thinking that I should write down everything which lead up to being in hospital, and then being sectioned, but don't know if that would be helpful or not - should I share it?

Ah, good! Freedom again! Sweet freedom! :)

My opinion is share if you need to, maybe it will help some of us to not take the same road down.

Archived