Mental Health Forums

Hi. New Here.

Amal21

Hi, as the title says, i'm new here. I'm suffering from the oh so lovely BPD. I'm currently fighting to get therapy. It seems the NHS is quick to diagnose people but not so quick to treat them. Feeling rubbish right now and wondering how much fight i've got left in me. Seeing GP later. I hope I can benefit something from the forum and I hope everyone else is doing a lot better than me.

Amal.

Hi Amal

Firstly welcome to the forums. I recently got diognosed with personality disorder with bpd traits along side. You are right the whole cycle of event with the nhs is a right royal pain in the rectum. I went to the doc and after alot of moaning I finally convinced them that I needed a physc test. once I had that I was medicated and got told I needed therapy. Far to many hands in the pie it seems and know one seems to quite no what there doing either that or they just plain dont talk.

Just keep going bud keep talking to people even more so on here as we understand and get you.... I hope all works out for you

chris

Welcome on the forums, Amal. I hope this place can be one of support for you. Feel free to talk and vent anytime you need it. I wish you well. Take care.

• 3 months later...

Hi I hope its ok to post on this thread, this is my first post on any forum. Reading a few of other members first posts has encouraged me post too.

Ive had bpd for majority of my life, nearly 35 and had mental health problems since I was 8. That was the age when I saw my first psychiatrist. From then on ive been plugged into the system. Suffering from severe depression, anxiety, drug psychosis in my teens, self harming, drug overdoses and blah blah!!! God I sound like a real moaner, wish I could sum up everything in 1 word so that I wouldnt have to hear my voice, whether its in my head or outloud.

I guess im posting today because im struggling with depression when I feel it overwhelm me, nausea kicks in, dissasociation, so much negative automatic thoughts etc consume me, feels like im goin to slip away into some other realm which isnt any better than the one im in. I broke down earlier in front of my husband and his sister and it felt surreal because they just took it like it was normal, made me a cup of tea... I took myself off to bed. I knew that my 6 month old baby will be waking up soon, which she did 5 mins later. She doesn't sleep well and im up with her still every nite feeding her and getting her back to sleep. So having sleep deprivation for 6 months only makes everything worse . If one more mother tells me that their baby sleeps all nite for 10 or 12 hrs straight I will kill them or tear their faces off one or the other im not fussy lol!

I just feel totally alone and that even now all the people that should understand me still dont and therefore never will.

Think I will shut up now lol :-P hope amal21 doesn't mind my rant on here!

Hi Vez, welcome to the community. I don't have a child so can't relate to the sleep deprivation but it sounds tough. Congratulations for being a mother. Hope she starts to do her nights better soon.

Thank you Threemoons, nice to get a quick reply still finding my feet and how to use the forum, its great to read so many posts that I can relate too

Archived