Mental Health Forums

Voices :trigger:

maddy harper

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks three moons for that. It gets kinda hard to ignore them when They keep going on n on at me u know? Thanks for taking the time to read my posts anyway :) hugs.

The voices piss me off when they wont stop. Thankfully the externals only come when i get really ill and the radio and tv start talking to me, thats when i am really unwell though that that happens.

I have had three meds increases over a six week period. That was back in september. The voices arnt there all the time. They kinda like a radio being tuned in and out. They havent gone totally but they are livable with well ish.

Glad i aint the only one that suffers with this problem. Its a comfort to know i aint alone in this. My friends try their best to understand my situation but they never will as they dont suffer with hearing voices.

My voices want me dead. They wont shut up about it. They been n my sleep too which is supposed to have stopped. I dont like this at all...

Please if your meds were supposed to shut them up during your sleep and they don't, consider reviewing your treatment with your psych. Fighting over the voices at night can reduce considerably our resting time and impact negatively our quality of life. Is there any chance you could make a compromise with your voices? I did that with mine but I know not everyone can. Sorry that your sleep suffers.

I dont really wanna change my voices meds cause they work most of the time. its just now and again that i hear them. Struggling with them a bit today but i have good days and bad ones. Today is a bad one. Hope going away will help me with distraction from them. Goin away for christmas so looking forward to that.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent heard my voices since i came to my friends house. They are worse when i am on my own with no distractions. The meds and good sleep seem to be helping shut them up and keep them quiet.

Just a bit conserned that when i go back home they will start up again as i wont have a distraction from them really. I am alone most of the time. The pigs help but they dont stop them unfortunately

Maddy, what about talking to people or even playing music together through Skype? It may be doable and could provide some distraction for a few minutes. Don't know if this is a good idea. Take care and have a merry Christmas.

dont use skype even though i have a skype acount but its a good idea though. I dont have braudband iether, yet. will have to get that sorted me thinks

Had a shit day yesterday cause my voices ruined it. This has been the furst voice attack i have had down here. Why did it have to happen on christmas day of all days...

My voices keep telling me that my friends food is poison and that i have not to eat it. :( i fuckin had enough. I know why its happening too, i am stressed out about goin home as i will be so lonely on my own.

The voices are telling me i may as well dy as i am a burden on everyone that knows me and they would all be happyer if i was dead. I cant stand this... Bloody brain! Where s the off switch for these fuckers!

No, you're not a burden, you're just a very good friend who happens to also struggle mentally but I'm very far from being bored with you and I'm sure everyone else is too!

Thats what my friend said. He isnt board with me iether, he wants me to get better. I told him what the voices were saying to me and he started crying which then set me off.

Archived