Mental Health Forums

Voices :trigger:

maddy harper

This is so unfair. They r recking the remainder of my holiday with my friend. Think its cause i am happy here and they dont like it when i am happy. They do everything to make me as miserable as possible. That makes them happy...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell them politely to eff off Maddy.

Sometimes with voices I can occasionally have them being complimentary. Often too complimentary which results in big time highs but my meds are good on this these days and they are rare visitors now.

Best thing I did to quell the voices though - one was a change of medication but more importantly was the giving up off alcohol. Always used to drink which nullified the effect of the anti psychotics I take.

Seriously don't know how I did that. Just one day I stopped drinking and do not get any urges to drink anymore.

Hope your friend understands.

Also if you think your meds not quite effective enough I have found going in with some kind of written log of how things have been day to day helps as sometimes in appointments can't seem to get across exactly how things have been to medical staff ie quick appointments and possibilty when visiting a better day than others, I found a list saying how dominant they were at times enabled medical people to properly assess the right meds and doseage for me personally.

Hope the buggers bugger off soon Maddy and hope you have nice relaxing time with your friend. friends are a god send so glad you have that too.

thanks for the reply lemon. I usually have a appointment system wig them but i havent talked to them since i have been down here and they dont like being ignored.

Maddy, are your meds reducing the volume of the voices at least a bit? I think you should report your sleep interruptions to your psych and insist, there must be a dosage more adapted that would allow you to sleep better. It's exhausting not sleeping well. Do you have a sleep med already? I think that taking one for a short time would let you recover some strength. What do you think about it?

I havent got a psych doctor or a c p n. I just have my g p. Was discharged from mental health services in 2013. Dont like sleeping tablets as they make me have scary dreams about things that happened n my past. the voices meds help the volume most of the time but i am really stressed out right now about what i dono which makes them louder and harder to ignore.

I'll never understand how mental health professionals can discharge someone who still hear voices and is still struggling. Couldn't your GP refer you back? Or do you feel more at ease seeing only him?

I understand the worry about the bad dreams sleeping tablets can give, seems like it's not a good idea then.

i take clorpromazine n morning n at night so that helps a bit. It would be much worse with out my voices meds i think. Woke crying cause they were calling me a whore

They call me so at times too, I know how upsetting it can be. Be reassured that they are liars, they only call you that because they know how you fear being one. But you're not, I'm 100% positive about this.

*Hands a handkerchief and gives a friendly cuddle.*

You said you slept well so maybe they're just catching up with the time they usually shout at night? Just a thought. I hope they shut up a bit later.

The voices are telling me to self harm again. I dont like this one bit. Wish i could do more to shut them up other than take meds that only half work!

i wouldnt call it peace n my head right now. But there is a improvement. Since i come home all i have wanted to do is sleep. thats what i have been doing. Only waking up to eat n sort the piggies out.

Sorry Maddy, it's not fair that you have no relief.

When I sleep the voices cease but I dream of visual hallucinations instead.

Archived