Mental Health Forums

Voices :trigger:

maddy harper

Sorry Maddy. Haven't read thread - is there something going on around yourself that is causing you great deal of stress, hence why the voices loud.

Only thing I would suggest is either make appointment with psych if you under them or your GP.

Me myself have only ever found that voices have been quelled with the right type of medication and the right doseage for me personally and this has varied at times in accordance with what has been going on around me at any particular time.

Sorry, can't be of more help, but hope things gradually improve for you.

Best wishes.

Lemon

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for your reply lemon. I dont wanna go back to my g p again as i have just had my meds upped. still getting use to the new dose to be honest.

voices bad so running the pigs in their new pen. They are making quite a lot of different squeaks. They all mean different things depending on what one guinea is saying to the other one. They pur. Rumble. Click. cherp. Wheek and squeel. then there is the squeaks they make inbitween those ones. they are very blind friendly pets to have. :)

yeh. Rats can pur. Voices woke me up again. This seems to be goin on rather a long time. just had my meds upped as well. Maybe they still have to kick in more i dont know. wish my sleep pattern was a little bit better. It was fine for the most part at my friends house but since i came back its been terible! Falling asleep all over the place. Meh!

Probably because effectiveness of new meds not yet totally kicked in yet then perhaps Maddy.

How long been on new doseage - can take a while.

Sorry can't be any more helpful but I hope these voices bugger off soon for you very soon.

Hugs Maddy.

Lemon

As i said in my last post the voices inside my head have no consideration for me. Nun in the slightest. really struggling with them today for some reason.

they aint so bad this morning. I had a good nights sleep last night so think that helped a lot. The less i sleep the more i hear the voices. the more i hear the voices the less i sleep so it goes round and round. knocked my self out with a sleeping tablet last night cause i was fed up with them. Cause i hadnt taken it in a long time it worked and i slept from about ten till five. Which for me isnt a bad run.

It may not be a great help right now Maddy, but sometimes if my voices are very intrusive, one thing that actually does deaden the intensity somewhat so I was more able to take in sounds and actual conversations going on around me, I bought some noise reduction headphones, which went over my ears.

I got them from our local Maplins - were £19.99 - there are a lot around - but putting these on either within the home or out and about , ie had chord in pocket so simply looked like I was listening to music, definitely eased their intensity and loudness for me at those times.

Sure a search on Amazon could come up with something cheap and effective also.

But if they extremely loud generally adjustments to your new meds, then I completely sympathise.

All that I can really say, is although it might not seem like this right now, they will not always be like this. Appreciate me saying that though doesn't greatly assist right now, but painful I know but a case of riding it out.

Hugs to you though.

Know what it is like.

Lemon.

If voices very loud Maddy, I remember you said didn't want an increase in doseage of meds, but maybe a change may help.

You are within your rights to request this.

I did and the meds are much better for me.

Just a suggestion, but definitely feel worth a shot.

Willing to try anything if it makes life a great deal easier -, most definitely.

But in the meantime - rest as much as is possible, but even though right now it is probably really hard to keep to a structure, in time you will not regret it.

Absolutely wish you well Maddy - wishing I could wave a magic wand for you and anyone else who is currently struggling - would be nice - wouldn't it.

Lemon, :)

Archived