Mental Health Forums

Voices :trigger:

maddy harper

Think its time for a medication review as i was head banging in front of my mate yesterday and i have never done that before. The voices wont leve me alone you see. I broke down n tears too. Hope they happy with them selvs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Maddy. Offering you a comforting hug.

I wish I had a magic wand to make them go away.

Maybe a meds review would be a good thing, as you seem to think. Talk about it with your doctor and please mention the increase in head banging and crying so he knows things are harder to deal with these days.

Much love and compassion to you.

Yes, that makes sense. I sometimes hit my head with my hands when I want them to shut up. It doesn't work but give sort of a sensory distraction.

new it was too good to last. If it gets any worse them i will have to go back in again. Just for a little while. I hope it doesnt come to that though as i would spend all my time worrying about my guinea piggys rather than trying to get better. i know what i am like when it comes to my animals.

woke up this morning to my voices saying they were gonna kill me somehow. This is getting stupid as they are making me cry all the time. Broke down in front of my friend yesterday again. Really struggling right now and i dont know how to fix it. I would if i could.

A note went on my flute during practice tonight so will have to take it back to where i got it from to see if i can get a exchange on it or what

Voices aint to bad this morning as my night time anti psychottics are pretty strong so i get a hang over from them so i feel pretty slow this morning. Feel like i been drinking when i aint. Wierd

It doesn't seem right to me Maddy that your meds are so ineffective that your voices are constantly around and also constantly on your case.

I don't know how long it has been since your anti psychotic meds been reviewed but in last decade or so, my anti psychotics I take now are million times better than older style meds was on previously. Probably more effective as do not drink alcohol anymore too.

The only other advice I can give is to somehow catch your voices and gently turn them into more supportive and empathetic voices in your favour.

Did manage at times manage to switch the emphasis of my voices when they were at times ever present.

But hopefully can suggest a review to your pdoc if not already done so.

But totally sympathise and do know at times how difficult it can be living with these mega annoying loud mouths!!!!

Hope your evening is as relaxed as it can be.

Lemon

hi lemon. I have set up a appointment system with my voices and it seems to be keeping them quiet. Its only day two of doing this but they seem to be more agreeable so there is hope. Fingers crossed. My meds were upped just before christmas there. They do help more than they would if i wasnt on them.

i have set up a appointment system with my voices where they can only talk to me at a sertain time and they have to try and be quiet the rest of the time. It seems to be working fingers crossed. Its early days still so i dont wanna get my hopes up too much yet.

Archived