Mental Health Forums

Messed Up :/ *trigger Warning*

Ratherin

Just a post to see if i'm not the only one who feels like this, cause I think i'm pretty messed up for it..

I used to self harm a bit, and i've been feeling really bad lately, and i've wanted to self harm.. but when I came to it I talked myself out of it somehow.. I know this should be a good thing right?

but I felt dissapointed :/ because self harming helped me with the pain and made me feel numb.. but I can't do it recently so I have to sit through the pain instead D:, hope this makes sense

This makes sense, Ratherin. I think it's progress than you don't self-harm anymore. I'm at the same point myself. Feel like doing it but no. Of course it's uncomfortable sitting with the pain but I think it's better. If you look at it, it's like this that named healthy people deal with their issues. I believe we're going forward on the road to recovery. Let's try to celebrate it.

it makes sense to me, but for me not self harming means the flat, low depressed mood is there all the time, not intense feeling and severe pain if you see what I mean. I think sh makes me feel something. I don't know. but its good you didn't do it xxx

I just don't think theres anything healthy about being in so much pain for no reason sometimes, and not being able to deal or cope with it :/ and now something that helped a lot, I can't do, but maybe it will change, I don't know.. maybe i'm crazy for wanting to do it

You're not crazy, you just want the pain to go, it's only natural. Please take good care of yourself while you're going through this bad shift.

See I was in the same position, I hadn't self harmed in a very long time and recently everything fell apart and I wanted to self harm.. and I didn't talk myself out of it, instead I did it. Now I have lovely wounds I have to bandage and hide from everyone and every day I have the impulse to add to it.

So you did the smart thing, you pushed passed that desire to harm yourself and you should feel proud because it's easy to cave in. Eventually you'll find something that helps the mental pain without inflicting physical pain.

I hope someday I can cope with the pain and all the emotions :/ but doesn't seem likely!

i'm sorry you did that :( please don't do it again, you know you can talk to me if you need to.

A good way to deal with emotions is exercise and it often feels like a punishment having to exercise, so when you want to hurt yourself exercise instead! It increases endorphins, so it'll improve your mood and have lots of benefits for your body. It's how I've survived and stayed fairly stable for the last few years, walking, running, cycling, weight lifting etc. And all the time you're moving it's keeping you busy and distracted. It's the best drug :)

Archived