Mental Health Forums

Hello Friends, I Want To Learn More About Bpd

BethanyMaxine

My name is Bethany. I have recently began discussing issues I have struggled with my whole life with my therapist. I have been discussing the possibility that I have borderline personality disorder with her. She has not officially said I have or do not have it. I am not sure if I should go to a therapist who specializes in diagnosing personality disorders to find out for sure. I certainly do have several traits of it (the therapist agrees with this). I struggle with emotional instability, not trusting people, not being able to feel other peoples love for me (even if I logically know that they do love me). My feelings are hurt so easily by the ones I love the most. I am also a recovered cutter, but I still have strong urges to cut. I have recurring suicidal thoughts and feel that I am not sure what the point of living is (altough I do not really act on these thoughts). Sometimes I feel like our harsh world is not made for someone as sensitive and lonely as me. I just wanted to share my story, to let some of the pain I keep inside out of me.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the support you need here. Please feel free to talk about anything that's on your mind. There's quite a few members with BPD on here (myself included), who'll understand what you're going through.

Hi Bethany, nice to meet you. I have been diagnosed with BPD and can relate to much of what you have written. I hope you like it here and get some support. I agree, sometimes just letting out what you are feeling helps in itself. :welcomeani:

Warm welcome, Bethany..I hope these forums are useful for you. There's some BPD sufferers on here so you'll likely have someone who understands. Talk with us anytime, it does help to get things out. Have a nice night.

Thank you Threemoons, Artemis84, and Bigmouth_strikes_again. I feel less alone now that I have seen your replies. I am glad to know I am not alone. Since I do not have another BPD person in my life, it can often feel like I am all alone. But now perhaps I can make internet buddies who also have BPD. As much as people without it try to understand, if I am even brave enough to speak to them about it, they cannot fully understand and know what it is like.

Hello and a big welcome from me. You come to the right place to learn thats for sure. hope u like it here and decide to stay a while.

Archived