Mental Health Forums

Me Again :)

Jelly-bean

im doing dbt, just started and there is an excercise where you make up a self soothe kit .... the self soothe kit should include things for your senses

sight

smell

sound

touch

taste

so my box contains chewing gum,sented candles, lip butter raspberry rose, hand cream, a toy wiggle worm, and billy my soft teddy that i sleep with, :) oh and for sound my ipod and ear phones....

what would you have in your self soothe box???

good choices mert, yeah best not to put your dog in a box would the candles be sented? aaawww at soft monkey... what lip balm do you use?

although you could use photos of your dog ...

i just thought id ask about this out of intertest to see what others would do or even have they done this themselfs?

im not asking for you all to go out and do it though only if you like or think it would help you :)...

thankyou mert for sharing what you would have ...xxx

Nice box, Jelly.

I'd have photos of my family and my cat, our stuffed animals, a book I love (not decided yet which one), an essential oil spray, a recording of cats purr, a ticket for a glass of fresh fruit juice. :)

• Bubbles
  • book: how to survive the loss of a love
  • Butterflies
  • 1 very fancy scented candle that made me feel special to own
  • Sexy lipstick
  • Tissue
  • Soothing moist face cloths, like the kind you use for removing make up that smell and feel good on your skin
  • Miniature music box
  • Lemon drop candy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived