Mental Health Forums

Writing It All Down?

BigHeight

I've come to the conclusion that no one really cares what you have to say, and nor do you want to come across as an attention seeker but is it wrong to just want someone to listen, listen to what's happened to you in your life and listen to the pain you've had.

I've started to write all my shit down, I don't know if it really helps atall but its all I could think to do. I now want to shut people out the way they have me by ignoring my texts and making me feel so small, I just need people to talk to who are like me and have had real pain in their lives.

I know if I told people about things in my life they would think it was all lies, but it's not, ive just feel unfortunate and need to get it out in the open.

It's uncanny reading your post because i am in a very similar position.

I like to be honest about how i am doing on my facebook page. I share when i am feeling up and also when i am struggling.

I get lots of likes for my up posts.

I get totally blanked when i am honest about being down.

So no one-absolutely no one-wants to know the real me.

They just want the la-la happy bits.

Nice. Really nice.

What they want is fakeness. Thanks a lot.

You are so not alone. I get what you are saying.

You are very welcome to pm me.xxc

That's touching to know I'm not alone on this.

I often beat myself up for telling people I'm down because they don't give me much back, but like I said what else is there to do.

I may well pm you shortly, thanks for the reply.

Means a lot x

If its any help, I too have felt the same way, in the end one feels like its not worth talking about as no one really wants to know, some pretend to care but when push comes to shove they don't.

I have come across people lately, some of whom are family members, when they hear some one has got depression they say " for gods sake get a grip, wake up etc etc", they have no idea of the real workings of this medical problem. I don't discuss my issues with these people because I already know how they feel.

I am very lucky that I have a very caring and understandable wife, whom has helped me through many situations. I have been arrested by the Police after turning aggressive on people, I have had help for this, which has worked some what but it hasn't helped me with my issues with society.

Whilst around others and as you say one has to come across a fake, pretending you have no issues and you are a happy go lucky person, as we know this is just a cover up.

I, like you started to write things down, then later reading them back, reading them back helped me for I could see it more clearly. It helps to deal with issues, but it does not remove it.

The only suggestions I can say at this point is, Find a good hobby that you can enjoy, visit places of karma, flowing water, trees etc.

One of the main things is, Be True to Yourself. but also know you are NOT alone..

God bless.

I know it's childish but i like to call the people who blank my emotional honesty as "The Unenlightenef".

Petty,maybe,but it is actually quite accurate! X

TRUE,

The problem I find we have ( if one can call it a problem), that's we have feelings and try and get people to understand but they don't, this in turn makes us feel negative.

Its certainly not childish. Its good to share.

I've found these replies very helpful really. It seems we're all in the same boat.

Another thing that kind of gets to me is when your almost willing to tell a close friend something but then it's almost asif they don't give you the oppurtunity to.

Also though if we can't express our emotions and our experiences to are closest relatives or family who can we express them to? This site comes into use for that reason, it's just in day to day life jr sends me mad and makes me do crazy things like turn my phone off for aslong as I can to blank people who don't always make the effort to reply to me.

Hi all! Yeah, most people actually don't want to hear about our bad days, because man, it's not funnn. All what for people live nowadays is having funnn. We just annoy them cause we are mirrors telling them that they're not protected from becoming depressed one day. Our society is a society of appearances.

Archived