Mental Health Forums

Can Anyone Offer Me Some Advice

DebbieJo

Hi

I'm new here and looking for some advice. I'm currently off work following a bit of a breakdown, last Friday I was put on a 316 section and after an evaluation allowed home the next day but told that I need a lot of help. I've been given the number for the crisis team in my area and over the last few days I've tried calling it but I just get an answerphone and nobody has returned my call.

I've not slept for the last 3 days and I'm starting to climb the walls. I'm struggling with suicidal thoughts and I'm becoming paranoid that everyone is turning away from me. It's reached a point that I'm actually frighting my own thoughts and losing.

Given that the crisis team are not there i don't know if I should go to A&E or call NHS Direct. The problem is that I know that A&Email will be very busy with it being Saturday night and I don't want to be a problem for them

Help :-\

Hi. In my opinion, you don't have to worry if you'll be a problem for them or not, fact is that you're in danger and your safety should come first of all, it's their job and they get paid for it so they'll likely thank you for coming. Your safety first, really. I've not slept more than 2 hours yesterday night and already feel the bad effects on my mind so I imagine that 3 nights awake could do much dammage. Trully, don't worry what day we are, if you feel unable to cope just go and ask for help.

Good for you. I'm an ex nurse and I can promise you A&E would rather see you before you attempted anything. You've done the right thing. (((hugs)))

Archived