Mental Health Forums

Trying To Keep Other Medical Issues From Flowing Into Here

Stellar

Hi,

I come on here in alternating spells.I suppose i come on more when i am on a destructive low.I have tried to keep any other medical issues separate.It is rather hard to do,especially when posting poems i have written.During a recent down period when on here,self-harm,dissociation etc.It was really hard to not say more about another medical condition.Where does one begin and the other end.Or is it important to include any other medical conditions when posting on here.Or does that over-complicate an already confusing set of psychological problems.

I also have parkinsons,diagnosed Nov 2009 aged 45 years.Psychological issues and meds issues from that often mix with my BPD,social anxiety issues and depression.Or are they all as important as each other and relevant here as a whole.It is sometimes hard for me to come on here and separate.

Hope this kind of makes sense

Take care

Stellar

Post whatever you wish to post about Stellar... It's not always just about Mental Health with people's posts on here, They is no rule to say it can be only about Mental Health...

I have lots of medical issues and I post about them all. Not usually specifically asking for help with them but mental and physical health do affect each other and affect what you are able to do. So I think it's fine to mention them and there's no need to separate them.

I see the site as being about helping individuals. Your medical problems are part of your individuality. You probably won't need to mention every physical problem in every post just as you might not need to mention every mental health problem in every post. But if you want to then that's completely fine.

Physical illness has a direct effect on your mood & mental wellbeing. If you are feeling very unwell,it can make you feel extremely negative about life.I know this because it happens to me a lot.

The two are inter-twined & so should most definitely be talked about here.

I hope the replies you've had will help you to see that it is important to discuss anything that has an effect on your mental health.

Keep posting.

All the best.x

I have multiple medical issues and would see it as OK to talk about them here. Our physical and mental health impact upon each other. If working through the problems of one helps the other to feel better? Do it.

Thanks,

I think i sort of try to blank out the physical.Meds are just automatic.Maybe,when appropriate the physical may be mentioned when compounding the psychological.Feel better about it now.

Stellar

Archived