Mental Health Forums

Lily-Bee...

Dice

I have something to ask you, If you do not mind... I can keep it here or we could take it to PM's BUT I think it's only fair other members I like can comment on this and not the others I do not like about what I would like to ask...

Awww sweety ask me anything here or via PM whatever you want. I cant garantee or make happen though that peeps you dont like wont respond.

Okay this is a Serious question; Why do we have all these Mini-Mods??? When they hardly come on or really do anything, Like I never see any of them comment on anyone's post anymore ect???

Yes I know I've not been around much lately but even before when I was, It was still the same...

Should it not be the case, We need Mini-Mods who do come on here every other day or something and not once in a blue moon???...

Hi Dice,

I hear you and its true there are mods that are not on much. However it is a voluntary job and so we should be gratefull for what they do do.

I havent in a while looked at the minimods to see how active they are and prune as minimods that are not on for a long time are usually demoted, so youre reminding me to have a look.

Id like to point out two other things to you;

There are several minimods that are very active behind the screens, so though you might not see theyre very active.

And maybe youve misunderstood this but a minimods job is only to remove spam and posts that are against the rules, their job was never to reply to posts or something....

Maybe this is something youd like? People that have the job of answering posts, of being little helpers maybe so to speak?

This is certainly something we can talk about and consider. To create such a function.

Lily

Totally get and understand it is a volunteer job... I'm glad I have remember you to have a look at the Mini-Mods :]...

Again I get they're stuff done behind the senses what I won't see or know about, But in the past when we have had Mini-Mods they were answering people's posts and you would always see a few a day on here and knew if you needed to talk to someone ie Staff person and you or a MOD wasn't on, They was always a Mini-Mod to go to...

Okay it's not in their job tile to answer people's posts, If you do look back, You do see them answering posts left, Right and centre when their first become one and then just stop??? Maybe it just confuses me, That I thought Mini-Mods are there to answer posts too???

I think that would be a good idea, If something like that could happen??? I fully get the world changes and so does this place but I do not feel like it's a Community anymore with members and to have something like that may bring this place back up and we all get back to communicating with each other on posts and it's not just certain members replying on each other posts and leaving others out...

I'm not sure if I am making much sense with this??? My brain and fingers aren't working the best today with what I want to say...

Hi Dice,

I can understand its been confusing for you and also that you thought there was more to the responcibilities of a minimod.

I think your idea is a good one. Id like to see if others like it too and if there are people willing to do that job.

Obviously we would need Josh's ok also.

Ill start by talking to him about it. I will keep you posted.

Lily

Yes please do, Find out if others would like that idea too, Maybe a new post with a poll could be done??? So some people do not have to say outloud, If they wish not to but just vote on the poll for it :/... Fingers crossed people would be willing to do it and it's something what could bring people back together...

I'm sure Josh would be kool with it, As it would stop me from moaning for now hahahah...

Awesome look forward to hearing how it goes with him, And thank you Lily-Bee for listening and answering me :]...

Archived