Mental Health Forums

Stressed

lightworker

im so annoyed at myself for a few reasons one for harming today after not doing it for a month, thats good for me and for listening to what was being said to me again i knew it would make feel better it did for a short time. the stress of money my dog needing heart meds at £30.00 a month, as well as the water tablets (i couldnt get her insured due to her heart prob) and my son confided in me that his jobs not going as well as we thought i do feel responsable hes borderline dislexic.

the other reason is that i cant get this image out of my head i took my mi law to see her sister at the chapel of res in april this year and for some reason im starting to get these images back again i even woke up in the middle of the night and can swear that i was being watched by her, bless her she was a close relative then the next day i found a live frog in the kitchen i know it came through the cat flap but we found one on the carpet upstairs the night she died am i reading something into this or what. things dont feel right at the moment, hubby feels a million miles away & to my son i am the taxi,

feelling the need for some alcohol,

trying to be strong but for how long i dont know ?

lightworker

Wanted to say I have read your post and I can understand why you are feeling so unsettled.

I think you are aware of the fact that you are perhaps over-analysing things a little which is good. But like you say, you are stressed at the moment and stress can make you feel pretty strange, even think weirdly. I don't think it can bring frogs into the kitchen(!!) but it can make you associate that with things in the past.

I think you need to try and take some time out for yourself, take a step back from things and get a break if you can. I know that is always easier said than done and wish I had some better support but I hope it helps to know I have heard you and am sending warm wishes your way. x

Big hugs to you, Lightworker. I have heard you. Like Artemis said, stress can make you do strange associations. Hope that you feel better very soon.

thank you for your replys, had a manic weekend in and out house 3 times sat and sun day off today im staying in all day just want to be left alone.

lightworker

My experience is that when things stress me it can be overwhelming and a horrible feeling. I hate to hear you feeling so bad.

I think action can help, start with the smallest possible thing you can do now to make things better for yourself.To have less stress.

And remember that nothing lasts so this stress wont either.

Archived